Thick, hearty Vegan Lentil Orzo Soup with spinach! Simple to make, super satisfying, and loaded with plant-based nutrition!
This Lentil Orzo Spinach Soup is a thick, hearty soup that’s great anytime of the year. Packed with nutrients, it’s always nourishing and satisfies our hunger. I’ve also made this with bulgur in place of the orzo, and it’s fantastic that way too. (Or for a gluten-free version, try your favorite small GF pasta, quinoa, or rice.) If you enjoy this, you might want to check out the Lentil Spinach Burritos as well. It’s basically the flavors of this soup wrapped up in a burrito!
And if you’re looking for more cozy soup/chili inspiration, here are a few more of our favorites:
Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
Healing Turmeric Noodle Soup
Southwest Black Bean Soup
Beluga Lentil Chili
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Lentil Orzo Soup with Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup orzo (uncooked)
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (oftentimes I double this)
- 2-3 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion and carrot. Mince garlic.
- Place stockpot over medium-high heat. Saute onion and carrot for about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add broth and lentils (rinsed and drained). Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer covered about 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add orzo and tomatoes with juice. Simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is cooked.
- Add spinach, stir, and heat for a couple minutes.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Lentil Orzo Soup? Also feel free to check out the full “Vegan Soup” recipes archives on the site for more comforting plant based inspiration!