Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with black beans and colorful veggies! This meal is not only fun to make, but delicious and nutrient-packed.
This vegan stuffed pepper recipe is a fantastic use for quinoa! It’s beautiful, fun to make, and nutrient-packed. Even the leftovers heat up wonderfully. (We actually think it tastes even better the next day after the flavors have a chance to mingle!)
It does take a little longer to prepare than most meals here on The Garden Grazer, so make sure you have the time. (We find it to be deliciously worth it!) Hope you enjoy if you give them a try. Also feel free to check out these Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers or Lentil Stuffed Pepper Soup for more inspiration!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 carrots
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds (or cheese blend)
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare veggies: dice onion, mince garlic, and grate/shred carrots.
- Drain canned tomatoes, adding the tomato liquid to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a very large skillet over med-high heat, saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and minced garlic. Saute 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach, drained tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans (rinsed and drained), cooked quinoa, and carrot shreds. Heat for a few minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise (remove inner ribs with a spoon). Fill each pepper with heaping amount of quinoa mixture, packing it down, and place in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover, sprinkle peppers with remaining 1/3 cup cheese (or more as desired). Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Drizzle with pan juices before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Vegan Stuffed Peppers? Also feel free to check out the full “Main Dish” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration! (Or the “Mexican Inspired” vegan recipe archives or Coucous Stuffed Peppers for more fiesta favorites.)