These speedy (15-minute!) Vegan Bean Tostadas are a satisfying weeknight meal. Quick & easy assembly then pile on your favorite toppings!
Have 15 minutes? Let’s make some quick & easy bean tostadas! There’s something I’ve always loved about tostadas ever since I was a kid. The crunchy shell, spread with creamy beans, and topped with crisp, fresh veggies – delicious! And turns out they’re super easy to make.
How to Make Bean Tostadas
You can either buy pre-made hard tostada shells, or try my quick & easy method of making your own. I simply use fresh corn tortillas and crisp them up under the broiler for a couple minutes. (Just be sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn.) It’s a versatile meal you can change up with your own favorite toppings or sauces. Hope you enjoy this easy weeknight meal as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
- 5 corn tortillas
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegan)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely diced)
Other toppings of choice:
- Shredded dairy-free cheese, salsa, guacamole, olives, cilantro
- In a small pan over low to med-low heat, add refried beans and cumin. Heat for about 5 minutes, or until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, turn oven on broil. Once hot, place corn tortillas single file on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes. Flip, then broil for one more minute until edges are slightly golden. *Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!* (I have my rack about 10 inches under the broiler – adjust times if yours is closer.)
- Prepare your toppings: chop tomatoes, lettuce, and finely dice red onion.
- Build your tostadas: take a crisp tortilla and spread out a thin layer of beans. Add any desired toppings and enjoy!