These super simple Vegan Bean Enchiladas are great for busy weeknights. Easy to assemble, great for crowds, and satisfying!
I absolutely love vegan Mexican food! Especially when it’s EASY, super tasty Mexican food. This is a basic recipe that I’ve made many times when wanting a quick, simple meal that fills and satisfies us. It’s incredibly easy to make, plus adapt or add to based on your own preferences. And it always seems to be a crowd pleaser which is a nice bonus as well.
I also included the link to our favorite homemade enchilada sauce if you want to give that a go! If you have a little time (it only takes about 20 minutes) I highly recommend it. Making your own sauce adds so much wonderful flavor and you leave out any funky additives and preservatives from the canned version. Either way, I hope you enjoy these easy enchiladas!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Easy Vegan Bean Enchiladas
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegan-style)
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 6 large tortillas* (gluten-free if desired)
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce (or try homemade!)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3-4 green onions
- Vegan cheddar shreds (to taste)
- Diced tomatoes for topping
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Saute onion and garlic with 1 tsp. cumin and salt over med-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat to med-low, add refried beans and stir with a spatula until beans soften.
- Rinse and drain black beans, add to pan. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Evenly distribute bean mixture to the center of tortillas, leaving space to fold ends in.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of the bean mixture, then roll up with ends tucked in.
- Place seam side down in a lightly sprayed 9×13 inch glass baking dish. (Or pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the dish first.)
- After all enchiladas are placed in the dish, pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and sliced green onions. (Or add the green onions after baking).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Top with diced tomatoes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Vegan Bean Enchiladas? Feel free to also check out the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!