I love Mexican food! I’ve made this basic recipe many times when wanting a quick, simple meal that fills and satisfies us. It’s very easy to make, adapt/add to, and seems to be a crowd pleaser. Hope you enjoy too!
Easy Vegan Bean Enchiladas
These super simple bean enchiladas are great for busy weeknights. Easy to assemble, great for crowds, and satisfying!
Servings:6 large enchiladas
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegan-style)
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 6 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce (or try homemade!)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3-4 green onions
- Vegan cheddar shreds (to taste)
- Diced tomatoes for topping
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Saute onion and garlic with 1 tsp. cumin and salt over med-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat to med-low, add refried beans and stir with a spatula until beans soften.
- Rinse and drain black beans, add to pan. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Evenly distribute bean mixture to the center of tortillas, leaving space to fold ends in.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of the bean mixture, then roll up with ends tucked in.
- Place seam side down in a lightly sprayed 9x13 inch glass baking dish. (Or pour a little enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the dish first.)
- After all enchiladas are placed in the dish, pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and sliced green onions. (Or add the green onions after baking).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Top with diced tomatoes before serving.
If you have medium tortillas, you may end up with 8 enchiladas instead of 6. For gluten-free: use your favorite GF tortilla. You can also serve this topped with vegan sour cream, guacamole, avocado, hot sauce, fresh cilantro, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 3.6mg