Roasted peas with tender mushrooms and bright tomato! This simple, healthy side dish is a beautiful burst of color (and plant-based nutrition!) A lovely combination that works with a variety of meals.
This beautiful (and incredibly easy!) recipe is adapted from Sara Foster’s “Fresh Every Day Cookbook”. (Which is not a vegan cookbook, but includes a handful of plant-forward recipes that I can adapt.) This dish is such a unique, interesting blend that works as an flavorful, fresh side dish for a variety of meals. A delicious one-pan wonder!
It’s amazing how simple it is to assemble. Just slice some mushrooms and onions, them combine them with tomatoes and a bag of frozen peas on a sheet pan. Then let the oven do the work! We love tossing it with fresh parsley before serving for an added burst of flavor and freshness. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful, tasty recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Roasted Peas with Mushroom & Tomato
- 16 oz. bag frozen peas
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or pre-sliced to save time)
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 large)
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional, omit for oil-free)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Garnish for topping (optional):
- Fresh parsley (or other herbs of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare vegetables: rinse and drain frozen peas. Thinly slice red onion, and slice mushrooms. Halve tomatoes. Place veggies with tomatoes in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil*, season with salt/pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking pan. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish or toss with fresh chopped parsley before serving if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Roasted Peas? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration! (Or this Roasted Vegetable Wrap with Bean Spread or Roasted Veggie Balsamic Pasta for more roasted veggie goodness.)