Roasted peas with tender mushrooms and bright tomato! This simple, healthy side dish is a beautiful burst of color (and plant-based nutrition!) A lovely combination that works with a variety of meals.
This beautiful (plus incredibly easy) recipe is adapted from Sara Foster’s “Fresh Every Day Cookbook”. (Which is not a vegan cookbook, but includes a handful of plant-forward recipes that I can adapt.)
This dish is such a unique, interesting blend that works as a flavorful, fresh side dish for a variety of meals.
Plus it’s amazing how simple it is to assemble. Just slice some mushrooms and onions, then combine them with tomatoes and a bag of frozen peas on a sheet pan. Then let the oven do the work!
We also love tossing it with fresh parsley before serving for an added burst of flavor and freshness.
Roasted Peas with Mushroom & Tomato
- 16 oz. bag frozen peas
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or pre-sliced to save time)
- 8 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 large)
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional, omit for oil-free)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Garnish for topping (optional):
- Fresh parsley (or other herbs of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Prepare vegetables: rinse and drain frozen peas. Thinly slice red onion, and slice mushrooms. Halve tomatoes. Place veggies with tomatoes in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil*, season with salt/pepper, and toss to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking pan. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish or toss with fresh chopped parsley before serving if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying these Roasted Peas, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)