Quick and easy Vegan French Bread Pizza! A deliciously satisfying weeknight meal that everyone can customize with their own favorite toppings.
We're huge fans of pizza in any form, so this easy vegan French bread pizza is perfect for a quick weeknight fix. Plus it's a great family-friendly meal since everyone can have fun customizing theirs with their own favorite toppings.
Change it up with your own favorite sauce (pizza sauce, marinara, BBQ, pesto, etc.) Then leave it simple with cheese, or add your favorite veggie toppings and herbs.
For a more "traditional" mozzarella cheese, one brand we love is Miyoko's vegan mozzarella. (Not sponsored, just love.) It's tasty, melts decently, and is made from great ingredients like organic cashews. However, there are many fantastic options available on the market now, so pick your favorite.
If you'd like to make this even healthier, using homemade cashew parmesan for cheesy flavor is a great option as well. Hope you enjoy this easy weeknight meal as much as we do!
Vegan French Bread Pizza
- 1 French bread loaf (I use ciabatta or baguette)
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara, BBQ, pesto, etc.)
- 2/3 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I use Miyoko's)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Tomato, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, spinach, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Place slices face up on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes to crisp up the bread.
- Remove from oven. Carefully spread desired amount of sauce evenly over each half of bread. Then top with cheese, a sprinkle of Italian seasonings (or other herbs of choice), and any additional toppings if desired.
- Return to oven for about 10-15 minutes. Then turn on the broiler for the last minute or two. (Watch carefully if placing under the broiler as it can burn quickly!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)