Quick and easy Vegan French Bread Pizza! A deliciously satisfying weeknight meal that everyone can customize with their own favorite toppings!
Remember that delicious marinara sauce from last week? It’s back! I set aside some of the sauce to try on french bread pizza and it was awesome. We’re huge fans of pizza in any form, so this was perfect for a fast, easy fix. You can always substitute store-bought marinara (or other homemade pizza sauce, BBQ sauce, pesto, etc.) if you’d like. Plus it’s a great family-friendly meal since everyone can have fun customizing theirs with their own favorite toppings!
For a “traditional” mozzarella cheese, one brand we love is Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella. (Not sponsored, just love.) It’s super tasty, melts pretty well, and is made from great ingredients like organic cashews. However, if you’d like to make this even healthier, feel free to use your own homemade cashew parmesan for a cheesy flavor. Hope you enjoy this easy weeknight meal as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Vegan French Bread Pizza
- 1 French bread loaf (gluten-free if desired)
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce* (or pizza sauce, BBQ sauce, etc.)
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I love Miyoko's brand)
- Dried basil and oregano for sprinkling
- Olive oil for brushing
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Mushrooms, onion, tomato, bell pepper, spinach, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Place slices face up on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for about 8 minutes to crisp up the bread.
- Remove from oven. Spread desired amount of sauce evenly over each half of bread. Then top with cheese, a sprinkle of herbs, and any additional toppings if desired.
- Return to oven for about 10-15 minutes. Move to the top rack and turn on the broiler for the last minute or so. (Watch carefully if placing under the broiler as it can burn quickly!)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan French Bread Pizza? Feel free to also check out the full “30 Minutes or Less” recipe archives on the site for more quick & easy inspiration!