This immensely flavorful (oil-free!) balsamic dressing with fresh basil and garlic is lovely drizzled over a wide variety of salads, and is also especially wonderful in the summertime with fresh garden basil.
This tangy Garlic-Basil Balsamic Dressing is a wonderful way to incorporate fresh basil in the summertime when the herb is at peak harvest.
Garlic and balsamic paired together has always been a favorite of mine, but fragrant fresh basil takes it to a whole other level.
Ingredients for Dressing
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Dijon mustard
- Pure maple syrup
- Nutritional yeast
This recipe yields about 1/3 cup dressing so increase as desired. We find it also keeps well covered in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
For more oil-free vegan dressing inspiration, also check out:
- Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- Garlic-Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Zesty Italian Vinaigrette
- Marinated Kale Salad
Garlic-Basil Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Mince garlic and finely chop basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. (Or add to a small jar, then seal and shake well to combine.)
- Adjust flavors if desired. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this oil-free basil balsamic dressing, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try - your feedback is always very appreciated, thank you!)