Super easy homemade vegan garlic bread! Beautiful, garlicky, buttery toasted bread accented with dried herbs. Great for dunking in marinara sauce!
Homemade garlic bread is super easy to make and so comforting. Plus, if you’re a fan of cheesy vegan garlic bread, go ahead and top one of the halves with some dairy-free mozzarella! (My favorite is Miyoko’s brand of mozzarella – it’s super tasty, melts beautifully, and has great ingredients like organic cashews!) And don’t forget the Marinara Sauce for dunking. It’s a delicious match made in heaven!
Also feel free to use cashew parmesan in place of the optional mozzarella to give it a (healthier) cheesy taste! (Find the recipe below.) It’s a great, simple recipe to cater to your own preferences with desired herbs, your own favorite pasta or marinara sauce, and cheesy additions of choice if desired! Hope you enjoy it as well.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your tasty recreations.
Easy Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread (or other Italian loaf)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. vegan buttery spread (I use Earth Balance)
- Dried basil for sprinkling
- Dried oregano for sprinkling
- Cashew parmesan (*recipe in notes below), vegan mozzarella shreds (I love Miyoko's brand)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Once melted, add olive oil and minced garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cut the bread loaf in half, lengthwise. Brush the buttery mixture on top of each half of bread.
- Sprinkle with dried basil and oregano.
- Place halves back together, wrap in foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Separate the halves and sprinkle optional cashew parmesan on top (or dairy-free mozzarella if using).
- Return to oven under broiler for a minute or two to slightly crisp it up a little. It should be a nice golden brown. (But be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn – the broiler works fast!)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Garlic Bread? Feel free to also browse the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration to pair your meals with!