Soothing vegan “chicken-less” Chickpea Noodle Soup! A wonderful comfort meal for chilly days or when you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Classic noodle soup made with chickpeas instead of chicken! I love veganizing old comfort foods and “chicken” noodle soup is a must-have for chilly days or when I’m feeling a little under the weather. There’s just something about a warm, brothy pot of flavorful noodle soup that’s so incredibly soothing. Plus this hearty soup is made with all wholesome ingredients, and is such a budget-friendly, accessible meal. Not to mention it’s easy to make it your own with the herbs or veggies you love!
Top it with from fresh parsley before serving if desired. (I love this added burst of freshness.) And if you’re looking for another cozy, healing recipe, this 20-minute “Turmeric Noodle Soup” is another absolute favorite! Hope you enjoy this plant-based alternative to traditional chicken noodle soup as well.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 oz. mushrooms (omit if desired)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (more if desired)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 6 oz. pasta (I use a gluten-free quinoa/brown rice blend)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white miso
For serving (optional):
- Fresh parsley, lemon juice
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Slice carrot, celery, and mushrooms.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Add celery, carrots, mushrooms, minced garlic, and dried herbs. Stir and saute another 4 minutes.
- Add 6 cups vegetable broth. Cover, and bring to a light boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and chickpeas (rinsed and drained). Stir and reduce heat. Simmer for 10-12 minutes (or until your pasta is cooked through).
- In a small bowl, whisk miso with about 1/3 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot and stir.
- Salt/pepper if needed. (Or add more miso to taste.) Top with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Chickpea Noodle Soup? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Soup” recipe archives on the site for more cozy plant based inspiration!