Soothing vegan “chicken-less” Chickpea Noodle Soup! A wonderful comfort meal for chilly days or when you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Classic noodle soup made with chickpeas instead of chicken! Comforting noodle soup is a must-have for chilly days or when I’m feeling a little under the weather. So warm and soothing!
Plus this hearty soup is made with wholesome ingredients, and is a budget-friendly meal. (Not to mention easy to customize with the herbs or vegetables you love.)
Ingredients for Chickpea Noodle Soup
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Vegetable broth
- Mushrooms (omit if desired)
- Dried basil & oregano
- White miso
Top it with from fresh parsley before serving if desired. (I love the added burst of freshness.)
For another cozy, healing recipe try this 20-minute Turmeric Noodle Soup!
Chickpea Noodle Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 oz. mushrooms (omit if desired)
- 6 cups vegetable broth (more if desired)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 6 oz. pasta (I use a gluten-free quinoa/brown rice blend)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white miso
For serving (optional):
- Fresh parsley, lemon juice
- Dice onion, mince garlic. Slice carrot, celery, and mushrooms.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Add celery, carrots, mushrooms, minced garlic, and dried herbs. Stir and saute another 4 minutes.
- Add 6 cups vegetable broth. Cover, and bring to a light boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and chickpeas (rinsed and drained). Stir and reduce heat. Simmer for 10-12 minutes (or until your pasta is cooked through).
- In a small bowl, whisk miso with about 1/3 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot and stir.
- Salt/pepper if needed. (Or add more miso to taste.) Top with fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Chickpea Noodle Soup? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)