Easy vegan Banana Oat Cookies with dairy-free chocolate chips! An awesome (healthier) treat that you could even eat for breakfast!
Lately I’ve been wanting to experiment with healthier oat cookies. We’re crazy about these Chocolate Oat Balls so I wanted to expand and get some other treats we could enjoy as well. I went searching for vegan cookies and (noticing a few over-ripe bananas on our counter) this recipe from 101 Cookbooks looked perfect! I tweaked it a bit and left out the coconut since unfortunately I’m just not a fan. They’re packed with bananas, oats, peanut butter, and beautiful dairy-free chocolate chips. But feel free to sub in your own additions such as nuts, dried fruit, or coconut if you wish!
You can also add a bit of cocoa or cacao powder to make these extra chocolatey (photo below). And if you’re looking for more dessert or chocolate recipe inspiration, here are a couple more of our favorites:
Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
Healthy Vegan Cake Shake
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt these! I always love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Cookies
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil (or other flavorless oil, like melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl. Add peanut butter, oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients: oats, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cookie dough dollops by the spoonful about an inch apart on the pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (more or less depending on your oven and size of cookies. I take them out when the tops are lightly browned.)
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Banana Oat Cookies? Feel free to browse the full “Dessert” recipe archives on the blog for more healthier treat inspiration!