This easy Lentil Quinoa Salad combines hearty lentils and quinoa tossed with a flavorful garlic-Dijon vinaigrette. Satisfying and protein packed! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Two superfoods collide! I love that this dish combines two of my plant-powered favorites: lentils and quinoa. Plus it’s sort of a fun “choose your own adventure” dish – either flavor it with cilantro & lime or lemon & parsley.
Both versions are lovely, and you can also add other vegetables or additions if you wish.
The salad is light, refreshing, and packs a big nutritional punch. I love the simple dressing. The Dijon mustard and lime zest provide a huge burst of flavor.
Plus it can be served immediately, or after it chills for several hours or overnight in the fridge. This makes it a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches, meal prep, picnics, BBQ’s, etc.
Lentil Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup white quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup green/brown lentils (or 1 heaping cup cooked)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley)
For the Garlic-Dijon Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove minced)
- Zest from 1 lime (or lemon zest)
- Rinse and cook quinoa and lentils, separately.* Be sure to leave lentils tender, not mushy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. (I use a microplane grater/zester to zest my limes/lemons.)
- Slice the green onions. Roughly chop the cilantro (large stems removed).
- In a bowl, add the cooked lentils (drained well), cooked quinoa, green onions, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. (Salt/pepper, more cilantro, or fresh squeezed lime juice.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Lentil Quinoa Salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)