This fresh, easy Lentil Quinoa Salad combines hearty lentils and quinoa tossed with a simple and super flavorful garlic-dijon vinaigrette. Satisfying and protein packed!
Two superfoods collide! I love that this dish combines two of my plant-powered favorites: lentils and quinoa. It’s sort of a fun “choose your own adventure” kind of dish – either flavor it with cilantro & lime or parsley & lemon. Both versions are lovely, and you can also add other veggies if you wish.
The salad is light, refreshing, flavorful, and not to mention packs a big nutritional punch. The dijon mustard and lime zest are such a huge burst of flavor. Plus it can either be served immediately, or after it chills for several hours or overnight in the fridge. (Which makes it a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches, meal prep, picnics, or BBQ’s.) Lentils and quinoa are lovely together and hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Lentil Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup dry white quinoa (or 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1/2 cup dry green/brown lentils (or 1 heaping cup cooked lentils)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley)
For the Garlic-Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 clove minced)
- Zest from 1 lime (or lemon zest)
- Rinse and cook quinoa* and lentils (separately) according to package directions. Leave lentils tender, not mushy.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. (I use a microplane grater/zester to zest my limes/lemons.)
- Slice the green onions, and roughly chop the cilantro (large stems removed).
- In a bowl, add the cooked lentils (drained well), cooked quinoa, green onions, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. (Salt/pepper, more cilantro, or fresh squeezed lime juice.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Lentil Quinoa Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration! (Or this Black Bean Lentil Salad or Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad.)