Easy vegan Black Bean Nacho Pizza! Made with a super simple (and tasty!) black bean, garlic, roasted red pepper spread. Great for weeknights.
We love BBQ and pesto pizzas, so one with a black bean spread sounded intriguing. Football Sunday was the perfect time to give it a go! The original recipe from Eating Well has a recipe for homemade whole-wheat pizza dough, but to save time I used the premade dough from Trader Joe’s. (Feel free to use your own favorite or a gluten-free dough if desired!)
The black bean spread comes together very quick and easy in a small blender or food processor. I love the black bean, garlic, roasted red pepper combination! The recipe also calls for olives and pickled jalapenos, which we left out but I would recommend adding for additional flavor and saltiness. (Sweet corn would also be a lovely addition!) Hope you enjoy as well.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Black Bean Nacho Pizza
For the black bean spread:
- 15 oz. can black beans (or 1 1/2 cups cooked beans)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the pizza:
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- Shredded vegan cheese (I like Miyoko's mozzarella, or Follow Your Heart)
- Whole wheat pizza dough (or your own favorite)
- Cornmeal (for sprinkling)
- Optional: black olives, pickled jalapenos, corn, guacamole
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Prepare the bean spread: rinse and drain black beans, chop red pepper. Place all five ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Dice tomatoes and green onion.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan (we use cast iron). Roll out dough and place on pan.
- Evenly distribute the bean spread around the dough. Top with vegan cheese, tomatoes, and green onion. (Or other desired toppings.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes (more or less depending on your oven).
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Nacho Pizza? Feel free to also check out the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!