Vegan, raw Cookie Dough Bites with cinnamon and vanilla! A super easy and healthy treat made with nuts & oats. Plus it’s only 7 ingredients!
Glancing at the ingredients, you could say I was pretty skeptical these would taste anything like cookie dough. But they really do! The cinnamon vanilla flavoring combined with the sweetness of the maple syrup really compliments the nut & oat mixture. Which somehow… amazingly… translates to that yummy cookie dough taste we all know and love.
Plus it’s great to have another quick and healthy ball to snack on besides these Chocolate Oat Balls. Feel free to change up the flavors based on your own preference. There are some optional additions and ideas in the recipe for different flavor combinations. (Such as coconut, cranberry, raisin, etc.) These are great for snacks, a healthy dessert, and even breakfast! Hope you enjoy them as well.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Cookie Dough Bites
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts (or pecans)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (GF if needed)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
Other additions (optional):
- Shredded coconut, date paste, flax seed, cacao, cranberries, raisins, chia seeds
- In a food processor, add the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Process until it’s a fine meal.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla, process again.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add the chocolate chips, folding to combine.
- Roll into balls, wetting your hands if they’re too sticky. Line a sheet pan (or large plate) with parchment paper and place balls on pan.
- Freeze uncovered for an hour, then store in a tightly covered container in the freezer.