EASY Quinoa Stir Fry packed with veggies and a flavorful Asian-style garlic sauce! Super simple to modify based on your own favorite vegetables.
My husband and I love this easy stir-fry! I make it with quinoa instead of rice, giving a little boost to the nutritional value. We really enjoy this particular combination of vegetables, especially the mushrooms and asparagus. But as always, make it your own with the vegetables or additions you enjoy!
Adding the (quick and easy) Asian-style garlic sauce gives it tons of flavor. To shorten the cook time even further, prep all your veggies beforehand and store in an airtight container in the fridge. (You could even cook the quinoa beforehand too.) Easy family weeknight meal complete! We love serving this alongside some edamame or tofu. (Such as a couple of our favorites, Asian Garlic Tofu or Easy Baked Savory Tofu.) Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Quinoa Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 small onion (red or white)
- 1 bell pepper
- 10 oz. mushrooms
- 10 oz. asparagus
- 6 oz. snow peas
- 1-2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
For the Garlic Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (I use a ratio of 1 cup quinoa to 1 1/2 cups water or broth.)
- Meanwhile, make the stir-fry sauce: add all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Thinly slice onion and bell pepper. Slice mushrooms. Cut asparagus into 1-2" pieces.
- Heat a wok (or large skillet) over medium-high with 1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil. When hot, add onions.
- Cook onions for a couple minutes, then add remaining veggies. Heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat. Whisk the stir-fry sauce again, then add to wok. Stir well to thoroughly combine. Saute for 2-3 minutes to let sauce thicken.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir. Serve topped with sesame seeds or more tamari if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this easy Quinoa Stir Fry? Feel free to also check out the full “Asian Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration! Or another couple of our favorites: Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry, Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry, or Rainbow Veggie Fried Rice