Roasted Veggies with Quinoa! A beautiful rainbow medley of vegetables roasted to perfection, then combined with nutrient-packed quinoa and a flavorful garlic-balsamic dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
This meal will literally brighten your day with fresh, beautiful color pops from the vegetable rainbow. The veggies are roasted to delicious perfection and then tossed with fluffy, warm quinoa. Plus the flavor of the roasted veggies is enhanced even more with an easy and subtle garlic-balsamic dressing! We love this tasty, healthy combination. (It’s similar to this Roasted Vegetable Balsamic Pasta that we also enjoy!)
Feel free to play around and add other vegetables depending on your own favorites or what’s in season. Mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash would be lovely too. Plus the leftovers are just as delicious. (I eat them cold like a quinoa salad.) It’s a fantastic dish you can make ahead of time for meal prep, picnics, potlucks, and take-along lunches too! Hope you enjoy as well.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Rainbow Roasted Veggies with Quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz. asparagus
- 1 small red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- Baby spinach (a few large handfuls)
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional – omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (optional – omit for oil-free)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Cut bell peppers and onion into 1 inch squares. Place on baking sheet. Add cherry tomatoes, and toss all veggies with olive oil to coat (optional), then some salt.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa. Cook according to package directions. (I use a ratio of 1.5 cups water/veggie broth to 1 cup quinoa.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately place in a large bowl and toss with spinach. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix well to thoroughly combine. Add roasted vegetables, and stir.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Roasted Veggies with Quinoa? Feel free to also check out the full “Main Dish” recipe archives on the site for more fresh and tasty plant based inspiration. (Or this ultra-fresh Quinoa Tabbouleh!)