Refreshing, flavorful salsa made right at home in the blender! Easy, adaptable and tastes like the ones you find at a Mexican restaurant.
This simple recipe for blender salsa only takes 10 minutes and 10 (or less!) ingredients. It’s wonderful year-round, and we enjoy having a batch ready and waiting in the fridge for quick snacks throughout the week. It’s so refreshing, flavorful, and tastes just like the ones you’d find at a Mexican restaurant.
How to Make Blender Salsa
Simply place all ingredients in a food processor (or good blender) and pulse to combine. That’s it! I like to let it chill for an hour or two before enjoying, which helps the flavors combine and mellows the onion and garlic.
Plus this recipe is highly customizable depending on your own favorite flavors or what’s available. (See additional notes below recipe.) If you like your salsa spicy, try adding jalapeno, chipotle, or serrano to taste. Roasted garlic would also be a lovely addition!
It’s a perfect chip dip and flavorful topper for tacos, burritos, and even tofu scramble. I love the fresh burst of flavor it brings and it’s so refreshing in the summertime. Would love to see your favorite adaptions if you give it a try too!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated.)
Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes*
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles (I use mild)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion (about 1/3 cup diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (large stems removed)
- Juice from 1 lime (more/less to taste)
- 1 tsp. agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dice onion and mince garlic. (Or simply place in food processor and pulse a few times.)
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor or good blender. (I use my 9 cup food processor.) Blend for about 10 seconds to combine. Blend longer to achieve a smoother consistency, or shorter for chunkier salsa.
- Taste and adjust flavors or add more salt if desired. Can serve right away, but tastes best after it chills for a couple hours or overnight (which also mellows the raw onion & garlic). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this blender salsa? Also browse the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives for more plant based inspiration!