Super easy restaurant salsa! Made right at home in the blender, this simple salsa tastes like the ones you find at a Mexican restaurant.
Ripe, summer fresh tomatoes are out of season now, so we have to turn elsewhere for homemade salsa. With the help of canned tomatoes, this recipe for quick and easy blender salsa (adapted from Mountain Mama Cooks) will help fill that salsa void all winter long! We love having a batch ready and waiting in the fridge for quick snacks throughout the week. Plus it’s an awesome recipe to customize based on your individual taste.
Not to mention it’s the perfect chip dip and flavorful topper for tacos, burritos, and even tofu scrambles. I always love the fresh burst of flavor it brings. Adjust the flavors as you see fit. Add more sweetener, lime juice, cumin, or spice it up as much as you’d like! And when the time comes again for in-season tomatoes…. it’s back to fresh pico de gallo!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles*
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 tsp. agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Juice from 1/2 lime (or more to taste)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine. (Blend longer to achieve a smoother consistency, or shorter for chunkier salsa.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Can serve right away, or refrigerate for an hour first to let flavors enhance and blend even more.
- Enjoy it with chips, over burritos, tacos, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Also browse the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives for more plant based inspiration!