Refreshing, flavorful salsa made right at home in the blender! Easy, adaptable and tastes similar to the ones you find at a Mexican restaurant.
This simple recipe for blender salsa only takes 10 minutes and 8 (or less!) ingredients. It's wonderful year-round, and we enjoy having a batch ready and waiting in the fridge for quick snacks throughout the week.
It's so refreshing, flavorful, and tastes similar to the ones you'd find at a Mexican restaurant.
Ingredients for Blender Salsa
- Canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular diced)
- Canned diced green chiles
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Agave (or other sweetener of choice)
- Ground cumin
If you like your salsa spicy, try adding jalapeño, chipotle, or serrano to taste. Roasted garlic would also be a lovely addition!
Ways to use this Salsa
- As a chip dip with your favorite tortilla chips
- For topping tacos (like these Chickpea-Walnut Tacos)
- In Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers
- With Burritos or Fajitas
- Or even on Tofu Scramble
Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular)
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles (I use mild)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro*
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp. agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dice onion and mince garlic. (Or simply place in food processor and pulse a few times.)
- Place all ingredients in a large food processor or good blender. (I use my 9 cup food processor.) Blend for about 10 seconds to combine. Blend longer to achieve a smoother consistency, or shorter for chunkier salsa.
- Taste and adjust flavors or add more salt if desired. Can serve right away, but tastes best after it chills for a couple hours or overnight (which also mellows the raw onion & garlic). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)