Easy vegan bean dip made with a hearty, crowd-pleasing combo of refried and black beans! Quick to prepare and perfect for parties or game-time.
For years, this awesome bean dip has been joining us on the couch for football Sundays. I really love the satisfying combo of refried beans and black beans and then topped with fresh, crisp veggies! Bean dips are usually such a crowd-pleasing recipe and perfect for parties and snacking.
This recipe comes together pretty quick but you could also prepare it ahead of time (through all steps except heating in the oven). Then just cover, refrigerate, and pop in the oven when you’re ready, leaving no hassle come game time. We also love smoked paprika and ground chipotle to change up the flavors. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Touchdown Vegan Bean Dip
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegetarian-style)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded cheese (more or less)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onion and mince garlic. In a saucepan over medium-high, saute onions, garlic, cumin, and salt for about 8 minutes or until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add refried beans and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir with spatula to combine, and heat for a few minutes until refried beans soften.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly sprayed 8×8 inch glass baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, or other toppings of choice. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.