It comes together pretty quick but you could also prepare it ahead of time (through all steps except heating in the oven). Then just cover, refrigerate, and pop in the oven when you’re ready, leaving no hassle come game time. We also love smoked paprika and ground chipotle to change up the flavors!
Touchdown Vegan Bean Dip
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegetarian-style)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded cheese (more or less)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onion and mince garlic. In a saucepan over medium-high, saute onions, garlic, cumin, and salt for about 8 minutes or until softened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add refried beans and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir with spatula to combine, and heat for a few minutes until refried beans soften.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly sprayed 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, or other toppings of choice. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)