Fresh and easy (7-ingredient!) green bean salad with lemon-balsamic dressing. Vibrant and a beautiful taste of summer!
I love the vibrant colors in this dish! Fresh bright green beans with splashes of red tomato and purple onion is a gorgeous treat for the eyes. The crunchy tender green beans are marinated in a garlic-balsamic dressing with a hint of lemon.
Typically this would be more of a summer dish when green beans are in peak season, but my local grocery store had a sale on some good looking beans so I simply couldn’t resist testing it out before summer. It’s an easy dish to double up if you’re cooking for a crowd or bringing to a gathering. Just a heads up, it’s best served the same day if you’re looking for eye appeal as the beans start to turn a little brownish the longer they marinate in the balsamic dressing.
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
Fresh and easy (7-ingredient!) Green Bean Salad with a tasty lemon-balsamic dressing. A vibrant, beautiful taste of summer!
Servings:5 side servings
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- Optional: soy feta
For the lemon-balsamic dressing
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Trim ends off green beans and rinse. Steam (or boil) for about 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. In a colander, rinse well with cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry. Cut green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Finely dice red onion.
- Place onion and green beans in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.
- When ready to serve, add diced tomatoes, soy feta (optional) and lightly toss.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 770IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.2mg