Fresh and easy (7-ingredient!) green bean salad with lemon-balsamic dressing. Vibrant and a beautiful taste of summer!
I love the fresh, vibrant colors in this dish. Bright green beans with splashes of red tomato and purple onion is a gorgeous treat for the eyes.
The crunchy tender green beans are marinated in a garlic-balsamic dressing with a hint of lemon. (Also feel free to add some vegan feta if you wish – either your own tofu feta recipe or Violife Foods makes a vegan feta block.)
This is a great summertime dish when green beans are in peak season. It’s also an easy dish to double up if you’re cooking for a crowd or bringing to a gathering.
Just a heads up, it’s best served the same day if you’re looking for eye appeal as the beans start to turn a little brownish the longer they marinate in the balsamic dressing. Hope you enjoy as well!
Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- Optional: vegan feta crumbles
For the lemon-balsamic dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Trim ends off green beans and rinse. Steam (or boil) for about 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. In a colander, rinse well with cold water to stop cooking, then pat dry. Cut green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
- Finely dice red onion.
- Place onion and green beans in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.
- When ready to serve, add diced tomatoes, soy feta (optional) and lightly toss.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this green bean salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make these! (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)