Nutrient-packed Quinoa Vegetable Salad with a fresh lemon-basil dressing! Great for make-ahead meals, take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Deliciously lemony vegetable quinoa salad! This fresh & healthy recipe is another easy lunch for my husband to bring to work. The quinoa and garbanzo beans provide a double protein punch, and the lemon-basil dressing is simple, light, and flavorful. I love finding new ways to enjoy quinoa. It’s such a versatile, nutrient-packed food, and so simple to cook! Plus this is such a great recipe to make ahead of time as the flavors only intensify as it chills.
As always, I love admiring the beautiful splash of color from the vegetables. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and a perfect change of pace from our Mexican Quinoa Salad with cumin-lime dressing. Plus it’s a wonderful choice for take-along lunches, meal prep, picnics, potlucks, BBQs, and gatherings. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn (cooked)
- 4 green onions (or sub red onion)
- Optional: fresh herbs (basil and parsley are lovely)
For the lemon-basil dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon, or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or fresh basil)
- Optional: 1-2 cloves minced garlic, lemon zest, 1-2 tsp. red wine vinegar, salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa, and cook according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, basil, and any other optional additions. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and bell pepper. Slice green onions. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- When quinoa is done cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for a few hours to let flavors intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Quinoa Vegetable Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant-based inspiration! (Or this similar Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing.)