Healthy Quinoa Vegetable Salad with a fresh lemon-basil dressing! Packed with a double protein punch and great for take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Lemony vegetable quinoa salad! This fresh & healthy recipe is another easy lunch for my husband to bring to work. The quinoa and garbanzo beans provide a double protein punch, and the lemon-basil dressing is simple, light, and flavorful. I love finding new delicious ways to prepare quinoa. It’s such a versatile, nutrient-packed food, and so simple to cook! Plus this is such a great recipe to make ahead of time as the flavors only intensify as it chills.
As always, I love admiring the beautiful splash of color from the vegetables. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and a perfect change of pace from our Mexican Quinoa Salad with cumin-lime dressing. Plus it’s a wonderful choice for take-along lunches, meal prep, picnics, potlucks, BBQs, and gatherings. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- Optional for topping: fresh basil or parsley
For the lemon-basil dressing
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Rinse quinoa, and cook according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice green onions, dice roma tomatoes and bell pepper. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- When quinoa is done cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and mix well to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or chill before serving to let flavors develop.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Quinoa Vegetable Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant-based inspiration! (Or this similar Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing.)