Lemony vegetable quinoa salad! This healthy recipe is another easy lunch for my husband to bring to work. The quinoa and garbanzo beans provide a double protein punch, and the lemon-basil dressing is simple, light, and fresh.
As always, I love admiring the beautiful splash of color from the vegetables. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and a perfect change of pace from our Mexican Quinoa Salad with cumin-lime dressing. Hope you enjoy too!
Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- Optional for topping: fresh basil or parsley
For the lemon-basil dressing
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Rinse quinoa, and cook according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice green onions, dice roma tomatoes and bell pepper. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- When quinoa is done cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and mix well to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or chill before serving to let flavors develop.