Spaghetti with an Asian-inspired twist! This easy, vegan, 30-minute meal comes together quick and makes a great weeknight meal. Plus it’s simple to adapt with your own favorite vegetables.
We love this Asian-inspired spaghetti because it’s a simple, 7-ingredient meal that’s easy to assemble. Plus it’s a great dish to adapt with your own favorite vegetables – asparagus, bell pepper, bean sprouts, etc. are fantastic. And adding tofu or tempeh for some extra substance is also a great protein boost. (If you’re interested, try this Easy Baked Savory Tofu, Asian Garlic Tofu, or saucy Teriyaki Baked Tofu.)
The light flavor of this dish comes from the garlic and tamari, plus you can add the optional freshly grated ginger as well. We think this spaghetti tastes great both warm and cold, so leftovers are a perfect work lunch with no need to reheat. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
And if you’re looking for more quick & easy 30-minute meals, check out:
Easy Peanut Noodles
Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
Asian Spaghetti with Garlic & Vegetables
- 8 oz. spaghetti* (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 5 oz. snow peas (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 green onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari (or less)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger, 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, mung bean sprouts
- Cook spaghetti* according to package directions, leaving al dente (not mushy). Drain and set aside when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms, cut green onions in 1/2″ pieces, and cut carrots into matchsticks/julienned (or shred/dice for quicker prep). Mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. (Use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, or toasted sesame oil for more flavor if desired.)
- Add snow peas, carrots, and green onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic (and any freshly grated ginger if using). Stir and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add cooked spaghetti and tamari. (I use about 1/4 cup tamari, but start with 2-3 Tbsp. for less salty.)
- Toss well to combine and heat for 2-3 minutes. Top with sesame seeds if desired. Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Asian Spaghetti? Feel free to browse the full “Asian-Inspired” recipe archives for more plant based inspiration! (Or another couple of our favorites: Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry & Broccoli with Asian Garlic Sauce)