They’re a great healthier treat that my husband loves to take to work. I enjoy them for quick snacks and dessert because they don’t leave me feeling heavy and full. Hope you enjoy too! (For peanut-free, simply substitute almond butter or other nut butter.)
Chocolate Oat Balls
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup almonds (crushed)
- 1/8 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- In a small pan over medium heat, add peanut butter and agave. Stir and let heat for a few minutes until creamy and melted.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir with spatula for a couple minutes to combine until chocolate thoroughly melts.
- Remove from heat and let sit in pan about 10 minutes to cool.
- When it cools enough to touch, mold into balls. (They'll harden further as they sit.) We store ours in an airtight container in the fridge.