The sweetness of the corn and bell peppers pairs wonderfully with the heartiness of the beans and mushrooms. Simply add your favorite fajita toppings and you’ve got an easy, delicious weeknight meal. If you’re looking for another great spin on fajitas, we love these Portobello Fajitas and Quinoa Fajita Burritos as well!
Corn and Black Bean Fajitas
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups corn (I use frozen, no need to thaw)
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Tortillas of choice (corn, flour, whole wheat)
Toppings of choice:
- Guacamole, dairy-free cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, etc.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- In an extra-large pan over medium-high heat, saute onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil saute method.)
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and taco seasoning to pan. Saute for about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Add corn and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir to combine, and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)