Satisfying black bean fajitas with mushrooms & sweet corn! Super quick and easy vegan weeknight meal that you can personalize with your favorite toppings.
Flavorful, satisfying black bean fajitas with mushrooms and sweet corn! We’ve had this meal several times and I’m always amazed at how fast it comes together and how much flavor there is. (Weeknight tip: it comes together even faster by making the taco seasoning and prepping the onions and peppers in advance!)
The sweetness of the corn and bell peppers pairs wonderfully with the heartiness of the beans and mushrooms. Simply add your favorite fajita toppings (like guacamole, vegan sour cream, pico de gallo, etc.) and you’ve got an easy, delicious weeknight meal. If you’re looking for another great spin on fajitas, we love these Portobello Fajitas and Quinoa Fajita Burritos as well.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give these a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Corn & Black Bean Fajitas
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups corn (I use frozen, no need to thaw)
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Tortillas of choice (corn, flour, whole wheat)
Toppings of choice:
- Guacamole, dairy-free cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, etc.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- In an extra-large pan over medium-high heat, saute onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil saute method.)
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and taco seasoning to pan. Saute for about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Add corn and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir to combine, and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these black bean fajitas and looking for more Mexican-style deliciousness? Also check out the full “Mexican-Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration! (Or this roundup of 110+ Vegan Mexican Recipes.)