I needed a quick lunch this past week so I found some odds and ends around the kitchen, channeled my inner Napoleon, and made myself a dang quesa-dilluh 😉 I love the two-cheese combo of mozzarella and feta. The mozzarella holds everything together while the feta adds awesome flavor. The spinach wilts as it heats, so don’t be afraid to pile it on!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share your creations! I love to see what you guys are cooking up.
Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla with Pesto
Quick and simple vegan quesadillas with spinach, tomato, and pesto! An easy, flavor-packed meal!
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- Baby spinach
- Vegan pesto (homemade if desired)
- Shredded mozzarella (I like Follow Your Heart or Miyokos)
- Vegan feta crumbles (optional)
- 2 large flour or gluten-free tortillas
- Place a tortilla on a skillet over medium heat, and spread a layer of pesto on top.*
- Add a light layer of mozzarella cheese, then feta, if using.
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top, heat for about 5 minutes, flip, and heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
*For easier flipping, use only one tortilla per quesadilla: fill half of the inside with the toppings, then fold the top half over. Repeat the same for the other tortilla.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5.2% | Vitamin C: 5.2% | Calcium: 8.2% | Iron: 6.1%