Quick and easy vegan quesadilla with pesto, spinach, tomato and two kinds of dairy-free cheese! A satisfying, flavor-packed weeknight meal.
I needed a quick lunch this past week so I found some odds and ends around the kitchen, channeled my inner Napoleon Dynamite, and made myself a dang quesa-dilluh 😉 I love the two-cheese combo of dairy-free mozzarella & feta.
The mozzarella holds everything together while the feta adds awesome flavor. If you can’t find dairy-free feta, you can try making your own or simply leave it out. (I use the Violife brand.) The spinach wilts as it heats, so don’t be afraid to pile it on.
Just a quick note – my favorite brand of vegan mozzarella is currently Miyoko’s Mozzarella (not sponsored, just enjoy). I love that it’s made from organic cashews and simple ingredients.
The flavor and texture is amazing and I find it also melts pretty well. Would love to hear your favorite brand, homemade recipe, or if you’ve tried Miyoko’s cheese as well!
Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla with Pesto
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto (more/less as desired)
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I like Follow Your Heart or Miyokos)
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbles (optional)
- 2 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Spread a thin layer of pesto on one half of your tortilla.
- Over the pesto, add a light layer of mozzarella and feta (if using).
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese (to help "glue" it together).
- Carefully place the quesadilla on a skillet over medium heat. Let heat for about 5 minutes, flip, then heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and tortilla is slightly browned & crispy.
- Repeat the process for the second quesadilla.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this vegan pesto quesadilla? Also feel free to check out:
- Ultimate Vegetable Soup
- Sautéed Portobello with Spinach
- Or this roundup of 12 Easy, Satisfying Vegan Meals
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share your creations! I love to see what you guys are cooking up.