Quick and easy vegan quesadilla with pesto, spinach, tomato and dairy-free cheese! A satisfying, flavor-packed weeknight meal.
I needed a quick lunch this past week so I found some odds and ends around the kitchen, channeled my inner Napoleon, and made myself a dang quesa-dilluh 😉 I love the two-cheese combo of dairy-free mozzarella & feta. The mozzarella holds everything together while the feta adds awesome flavor. (If you can’t find dairy-free feta, you can try making your own or simply leave it out!) The spinach wilts as it heats, so don’t be afraid to pile it on.
Just a quick note – my favorite brand of vegan mozzarella is currently Miyoko’s Mozzarella (not sponsored, just enjoy them). I love that it’s made from organic cashews and simple ingredients. The flavor and texture is amazing and I find it melts pretty well. Would love to hear your favorite brand, homemade recipe, or if you’ve tried Miyoko’s cheese as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share your creations! I love to see what you guys are cooking up.
Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla with Pesto
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- Baby spinach
- Vegan pesto (homemade if desired)
- Shredded mozzarella (I like Follow Your Heart or Miyokos)
- Vegan feta crumbles (optional)
- 2 large flour or gluten-free tortillas
- Place a tortilla on a skillet over medium heat, and spread a layer of pesto on top.*
- Add a light layer of mozzarella cheese, then feta, if using.
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top, heat for about 5 minutes, flip, and heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.