Quick and easy vegan quesadilla with pesto, spinach, tomato and dairy-free cheese! A satisfying, flavor-packed weeknight meal.
I needed a quick lunch this past week so I found some odds and ends around the kitchen, channeled my inner Napoleon, and made myself a dang quesa-dilluh 😉 I love the two-cheese combo of dairy-free mozzarella & feta. The mozzarella holds everything together while the feta adds awesome flavor. (If you can’t find dairy-free feta, you can try making your own or simply leave it out!) The spinach wilts as it heats, so don’t be afraid to pile it on.
Just a quick note – my favorite brand of vegan mozzarella is currently Miyoko’s Fresh Mozzarella (not sponsored). I love that it’s made from organic cashews and simple ingredients! The flavor and texture is amazing and I find it melts very well. Would love to hear your favorite brand, homemade recipe, or if you’ve tried Miyoko’s cheese as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share your creations! I love to see what you guys are cooking up.
Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla with Pesto
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- Baby spinach
- Vegan pesto (homemade if desired)
- Shredded mozzarella (I like Follow Your Heart or Miyokos)
- Vegan feta crumbles (optional)
- 2 large flour or gluten-free tortillas
- Place a tortilla on a skillet over medium heat, and spread a layer of pesto on top.*
- Add a light layer of mozzarella cheese, then feta, if using.
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top, heat for about 5 minutes, flip, and heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Love this quesadilla with pesto and looking for more quick and easy meals? Check out the full “30 Minutes or Less” vegan recipe archives on the site for more plant-based weeknight inspiration!