Fresh broccoli with garlic sauce! A super easy Asian-inspired side dish featuring nutrient-packed broccoli drenched in a savory garlic sauce. (Plus it's done in only 15 minutes!)
We love this quick & easy Asian-inspired side dish packed with flavor. The smell is heavenly when the garlic sauce hits the pan. It may even convince the pickiest eaters that broccoli is in fact... delicious!
This recipe makes about 4 side servings (however I find it to be pretty addictive so it usually ends up as 2-3 servings for us).
Ingredients for Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- Fresh broccoli florets
- Toasted sesame oil
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Vegetable broth
- Cornstarch (or other thickener)
How to Cook Broccoli
There are two different methods of cooking the broccoli, depending on your preference:
- Stir-fry. Shown in the directions below, this method leaves a nice crunch.
- Steam. If you want to achieve more tender broccoli, simply steam for a few minutes first and then continue with the directions to stir fry.
If you enjoy this, you may also want to check out another one of my favorites: Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry!
Broccoli with Asian-Style Garlic Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli florets (1 large bunch)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil (*oil-free option below)
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot or thickener of choice)
- Optional topping: sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- Mince garlic.
- In a bowl, add garlic, tamari (or soy sauce), broth, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
- In a large skillet over med-high, add sesame oil and heat for a minute.
- Carefully add broccoli florets. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Reduce heat to med-low, then and add garlic sauce. Stir well to coat.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until broccoli is desired tenderness. (The sauce will thicken and absorb into the broccoli.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this broccoli with garlic sauce? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)