Cilantro Lime Rice makes a beautiful side dish pairing for most Mexican-inspired meals! Super simple and easy to prepare.
This Cilantro Lime Rice is a beautiful, simple pairing for Mexican-inspired dishes. Most recently we had it alongside the Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas and it was fantastic – especially when it mingled with the homemade enchilada sauce! If you like a bolder lime flavor, go with two tablespoons juice or more. I usually add the juice from one large lime because I love the flavor and freshness. You can even add lime zest for an additional flavor boost.
If you want to fancy it up a little, other possible additions are sweet corn, jalapeno, green onion, or garlic. Check out the Ultimate List of Vegan Mexican Recipes for more inspiration on what to pair this with!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup white basmati rice (uncooked)
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Lime zest, sweet corn, jalapeno, green onion, minced garlic
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop cilantro (stems removed).
- Then in a bowl, add cooked rice, cilantro, and lime juice. (The heat from the rice will slightly wilt the cilantro.)
- Stir well to combine. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Cilantro Lime Rice? Also feel free to check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!