This Cilantro Lime Brown Rice is a perfect side dish for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired meals. Plus it’s super simple to prepare! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This simple Cilantro Lime Rice is a beautiful pairing for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired dishes. We love it with many, but especially the Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas. It’s light and absolutely delicious when it mingles with the homemade enchilada sauce.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
To make this easy cilantro-lime brown rice, simply:
- Rinse and cook your rice
- Chop cilantro
- Combine cooked rice, cilantro, citrus juice, and salt in a bowl
- Toss to combine
That’s it! If you like an even bolder lime flavor, add a touch more lime juice or even some lime zest for an additional flavor boost. Plus you can also toss in other additions such as green onions, garlic (either fresh minced cloves or dried powder), sweet corn, black beans, etc. It’s a fun recipe to play around with depending on your preferences. Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice* (or white)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest, 2 green onions, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic, sweet corn, black beans
- Rinse and cook rice according to package instructions.*
- Meanwhile, finely chop cilantro (large stems removed).
- In a medium bowl, add cooked rice, chopped cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add more salt to taste if desired (the flavors taste best when sufficiently salted!) or any optional flavors/additions.