Vegan Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto! A beautiful medley of veggies roasted to perfection combined with flavorful dairy-free pesto & cheese.
Our current all-time favorite sandwich! The roasted vegetable recipe makes a large amount because I figure… if I’m gonna roast veggies, I’m gonna ROAST veggies 😉 Feel free to decrease if desired however! I love having plenty because I love snacking on them as I assemble the paninis. And if there are any leftovers, I save and reuse them in pasta, burritos, etc. Roasted veggies add such incredible flavor! (I also love using asparagus in this medley which I recommend if it’s available.)
To make this recipe vegan, use your favorite vegan pesto (here’s a homemade version if you’d like to try) & vegan cheese. My favorite vegan mozzarella is Miyoko’s brand. (Not sponsored, just love them!) It tastes amazing and melts well, Plus I like that it’s made with organic cashews and simple ingredients.
Also come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- 3 bell peppers (I use 2 red, 1 orange)
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Dairy-free mozzarella (I love Miyoko's brand)
- Vegan pesto (try homemade!)
- Whole grain bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Cut asparagus into 1-2″ pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add veggies and salt if desired. (You could also add some dried herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After veggies are roasted, in a skillet over medium heat, place a slice of bread. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top.
- Add a generous layer of vegetables. Spread pesto on a second slice of bread and place on top, lightly pressing down.
- Heat about 5-8 minutes on each side or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Vegetable Panini? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Main Dish” recipe archives on the site for more plant based dinner inspiration! (Or this Roasted Vegetable Balsamic Pasta.)