Vegan Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto! A beautiful medley of veggies roasted to perfection then combined with flavorful dairy-free pesto & cheese.
This is our current favorite sandwich! Does anyone else love roasted vegetables? Roasting them adds such depth and tasty flavor. Not to mention a tender & delicious texture.
Here we use onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus, but feel free to change it up with your own favorites or what’s in season.
To keep this recipe vegan, use your favorite vegan pesto & vegan cheese. One of my favorite vegan mozzarellas is Miyoko’s brand (not sponsored, just enjoy). It tastes amazing and also melts pretty well. Plus I like that it’s made with organic cashews and simple ingredients.
Hope you also enjoy these sandwiches! The recipe makes a large amount of roasted vegetables, so feel free to decrease as desired.
Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- 2 bell peppers (I use 1 red, 1 orange)
- 1 small onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Vegan mozzarella to taste (I love Miyoko's)
- Vegan pesto (try homemade)
- 8 slices whole grain bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Cut asparagus into 1-2″ pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add vegetables and salt if desired. (You could also add some dried herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After veggies are roasted, in a skillet over medium heat (or panini press) place a slice of bread. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top.
- Add a generous layer of vegetables. Spread pesto on a second slice of bread and place on top, lightly pressing down.
- Heat about 5-8 minutes on each side or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Vegan Vegetable Panini, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)