Vegan Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto! A beautiful medley of veggies roasted to perfection combined with flavorful dairy-free pesto & cheese.
Our current all-time favorite sandwich! The roasted vegetable recipe makes a large amount because I figure… if I’m gonna roast veggies, I’m gonna ROAST veggies 😉 Feel free to decrease if desired however! I love having plenty because I love snacking on them as I assemble the paninis. And if there are any leftovers, I save and reuse them in pasta, burritos, etc. Roasted veggies add such incredible flavor! (I also love using asparagus in this medley which I recommend if it’s available.)
To make this recipe vegan, use your favorite vegan pesto (here’s a homemade version if you’d like to try) & vegan cheese. My favorite vegan mozzarella is Miyoko’s brand. (Not sponsored, just love them!) It tastes amazing and melts pretty well. Plus I like that it’s made with organic cashews and simple ingredients.
Also come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- 3 bell peppers (I use 2 red, 1 orange)
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Dairy-free mozzarella (I love Miyoko's brand)
- Vegan pesto (try homemade!)
- Whole grain bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Cut asparagus into 1-2″ pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add veggies and salt if desired. (You could also add some dried herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After veggies are roasted, in a skillet over medium heat, place a slice of bread. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top.
- Add a generous layer of vegetables. Spread pesto on a second slice of bread and place on top, lightly pressing down.
- Heat about 5-8 minutes on each side or until warmed through and cheese is melted.