This is our (current) all-time favorite sandwich. The recipe makes a large amount because I usually figure… if I’m gonna roast veggies, I’m gonna ROAST veggies 😉 I love having plenty because I can’t resist snacking on them as I assemble the paninis. And if there are any leftovers, I save and reuse them in pasta, burritos, etc. I also love using asparagus in this medley which I recommend if it’s available!
Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
A beautiful medley of veggies roasted to perfection combined with flavorful pesto and cheese.
- 3 bell peppers (I use 2 red, 1 orange)
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Dairy-free shredded mozzarella
- Vegan pesto (try homemade)
- Whole grain bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Cut asparagus into 1-2" pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add veggies and salt if desired. (You could also add some dried herbs like basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- After veggies are roasted, in a skillet over medium heat, place a slice of bread. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top.
- Add a generous layer of vegetables. Spread pesto on a second slice of bread and place on top, lightly pressing down.
- Heat about 5-8 minutes on each side or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 73% | Vitamin C: 149.8% | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 17.5%
Looking for more roasted veggie deliciousness? Check out these other recipes!