Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadillas made with sweet pineapple, dairy-free cheese, and flavorful BBQ sauce! A super quick vegan weeknight meal!
One of our favorite pizzas is “Hawaiian style” with BBQ sauce, pineapple, red onion, and cilantro. It’s a combination we crave often, but some nights lack the time to prepare an actual pizza. So a while ago I started making simple pita pizzas which we find are a fantastic substitute to satisfy our pizza craving. Now I’ve started using the ingredients in these quesadillas as well, which is even faster.
Black beans are also a lovely addition for extra heartiness and protein if you wish. Feel free to change it up based on your own preferences. This is a great meal to get kids involved in the kitchen as well. Let them create and load theirs up with their own favorite additions (then the adults can warm them over the stove). Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadillas
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits (halved)
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped, stems removed)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (more/less to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 2 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- On a skillet over medium heat, place a tortilla and lightly sprinkle with vegan cheese on one half.
- On that same cheese half, add cilantro, pineapple (any excess juice removed), onion, and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Top with another light layer of cheese.
- Fold over the top half and let heat for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through until cheese is melted. Repeat process for other quesadilla.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce (or guacamole) for dipping if desired!