This is a great, easy meal when you have a bounty of garden veggies. I’ve always Ioved the delicious combo of zucchini, tomatoes, and onion. (But summer squash, mushrooms, and many other veggies would be fantastic as well!) The leftovers are awesome, becoming even more flavorful after the garlicky red wine vinegar dressing sits a while. So it makes for a great cold lunch for my husband to bring to work. I’d love to hear what combo of vegetables you try!
Garden Vegetable Pasta
Garden Vegetable Pasta with a light but flavorful garlic & red wine vinegar dressing! Great way to enjoy beautiful garden veggies!
Servings:8 side servings
- 1 lb. pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 zucchini
- 1 onion
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil for topping
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. oregano (or other herb of your choice)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving al dente.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies: slice the onion, and chop tomatoes and zucchini into 1-inch long chunks (or smaller to your preference.)
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onions and zucchini with a little salt for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While pasta and veggies are cooking, make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- When pasta is done, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Add vegetables and toss to combine. Top with fresh basil.
This makes a large batch so reduce/cut in half if you desire.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg