The recipe only calls for one chipotle so if I don’t plan on using the remaining chipotles anytime soon I remove the seeds, dice them, and freeze them for later. (It’s also helpful to freeze the chipotle peppers separate from the adobo sauce for convenience if desired.) Remember that a little goes a long way, so add the chipotles according to your palette. The adobo sauce is a little less spicy than the actual chipotles (but still has the wonderful, smoky flavor) so you can use only the adobo sauce if you want a less-spicy sauce.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt (or 2/3 cup silken tofu)
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- Scrape away the seeds from the chipotle with a knife (use caution when handling chipotle, and wash your hands when done.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend/pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/consistency as necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)