Vegan Creamy Chipotle Sauce with garlic and lime! Gives a nice, zesty kick to tacos, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, baked potatoes, veggie burgers, etc.
This zesty chipotle sauce with garlic and lime will rock your taste buds when drizzled on tacos, burritos, tostadas, quesadillas, baked potatoes, veggie burgers, etc. The smoky flavor of chipotle adds so much depth, and gives a nice kick that’s not overly spicy. We especially love it drizzled on these Black Bean Burrito Bowls!
The recipe only calls for one chipotle so if I don’t plan on using the remaining chipotles anytime soon I remove the seeds, dice them, and freeze them for later. (It’s also helpful to freeze the chipotle peppers separate from the adobo sauce for convenience if desired.) Remember that a little goes a long way, so add the chipotles according to your palette. The adobo sauce is a little less spicy than the actual chipotles (but still has the wonderful, smoky flavor) so you can use only the adobo sauce if you want a less-spicy sauce. Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt (or 2/3 cup silken tofu)
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- Scrape away the seeds from the chipotle with a knife (use caution when handling chipotle, and wash your hands when done.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend/pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/consistency as necessary.