Roasted Vegetable Wrap with an easy, protein-packed white bean garlic spread! Just use your own favorite roasted veggies!
This is a wonderful meal all year round, but especially in the summer with fresh produce. Every time I eat these wraps, I’m surprised how filling they are.
Roasting vegetables brings so much wonderful flavor. Use whatever ones you enjoy in this recipe. (The recipe below is simply a guideline.) We change it up a little every time and have made them with several different combinations. Zucchini and summer squash are great options as well.
The bean spread is very simple and can be customized to your taste. You can add your favorite herbs or lemon juice for a fresh burst of citrus, which we often do.
Roasted Vegetable Wrap with White Bean Spread
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach
- Olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- 4 large whole-grain tortillas (or other wrap of choice)
For the white-bean garlic spread:
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup water
- Optional: fresh lemon juice, herbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Prepare the veggies: slice the bell pepper and onion into strips. Remove woody ends from asparagus and cut in 1" pieces.
- Toss bell pepper, onion, asparagus, mushrooms, and tomato in olive oil (omit for oil-free) and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out veggies in a single layer. (I often use 2 pans to give enough space).
- Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the bean spread: mince garlic. In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil (or veggie broth/water) and garlic. Saute about 1 minute. Add the beans and carefully mash with a potato masher.
- Add 2/3 cup water and let cook about 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Add any optional herbs or lemon juice.
- Assemble wraps: smear the warm bean spread along center line of tortilla, top with a generous amount of roasted veggies, and fresh spinach. Tuck in the end, and tightly roll up.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this roasted vegetable wrap, also feel free to check out:
- Vegan Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla
- Vegan Green Enchiladas with White Beans
- Portobello Mushroom and Potato Stew with Lentils
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)