These easy vegan White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas are packed with fresh garden vegetables like spinach, tomato, and sweet corn! Then smothered in delicious salsa verde. (Vegan with gluten-free & oil-free options)
These White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas are overflowing with fresh, tasty garden vegetables. Sweet corn, tomato, zucchini, spinach, and roasted bell peppers combine with hearty white beans for a satisfying filling. Then they’re wrapped up in your favorite tortillas and slathered with salsa verde before baking. I find them to be such a fresh, light take on enchiladas. Plus they’re great in the summertime when garden veggies are in peak season.
Adapt these veggie-filled enchiladas as you see fit with your own favorite combinations or based on what’s available. These are a great change of pace from the Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas which are another favorite. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 fire-roasted red bell peppers (or 1 fresh bell pepper)
- 1 cup sweet corn, cooked (frozen, canned, fire-roasted, etc.)
- 15 oz. can white beans (I use cannellini)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 large tortillas*
- 16 oz. salsa verde/tomatillo salsa (I use mild)
- Optional: vegan shredded cheese, nutritional yeast
- Fresh cilantro, green onion, avocado, tomato, corn, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Dice onion, zucchini, tomatoes (excess juice removed), and roasted bell peppers.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté onion for 5-6 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more liquid as needed.)
- Add cumin and garlic powder. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, tomato, pepper, and corn. Stir and sauté 6 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Rinse and drain white beans. Add to skillet.
- Roughly chop spinach and add to skillet. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Salt/pepper mixture to taste if desired. Turn off stove.
- Distribute the bean mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese or nutritional yeast (optional). Then roll up tightly, tucking in both ends.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 9×13" pan. Evenly coat the top with salsa verde.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.