This is the creamy dressing I use for the Rainbow Chopped Salad, but we also love it as a veggie dip! Fresh basil and lemon pair wonderfully with the creamy avocado. And I love the flavorful tang from the garlic & white wine vinegar!
Feel free to make it ahead of time and let it chill in the fridge for maximum flavor. Otherwise it’s great served immediately! Hope you enjoy.
Creamy Vegan Avocado Dressing (& Veggie Dip!)
This creamy vegan avocado dressing doubles as a delicious veggie dip! Wonderful flavors of lemon-basil and a nice tangy touch!
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavors if necessary. Can serve immediately, but best after it chills for at least an hour.
Store covered in the fridge. Will keep for about 4-5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.4mg