This nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Salad only takes 25 minutes and it's full of healthy, energizing, plant-based goodness. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Fluffy quinoa, spinach, and sweet cherry tomatoes join forces with creamy avocado in this fresh & tasty dish. We love this combination.
It's nutrient-packed, delicious, pleasantly filling, and energizing. Plus easy to make and it only takes 25 minutes!
Ingredients for Quinoa Avocado Salad
For this recipe you'll need:
- White quinoa
- Fresh baby spinach
- Grape/cherry tomatoes
- Green onion (scallion)
- Red wine vinegar
This dish is versatile, so play around with different variations and flavors. Add beans or seeds for additional protein. Fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro) are lovely as well.
It also makes an awesome take-along lunch that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge. It also works great for picnics, potlucks, parties, etc. Hope you enjoy as well!
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach (more if desired)
- 8 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Cucumber, fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, etc.), lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. dried oregano/basil
- Rinse and cook quinoa*.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and dice avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately add it to the large bowl with spinach & garlic. Toss well to combine. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, red wine vinegar, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend/intensify.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Quinoa Avocado Salad? Also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)