The BEST Quinoa Avocado Salad! Only 25 minutes to make and full of healthy, energizing, plant-based goodness. (Vegan, gluten-free)
POW! Nutritional punch! 😉 Fluffy quinoa, spinach, and sweet cherry tomatoes join forces with creamy avocado in this beautiful dish. We absolutely love this combo! It’s nutrient-packed, delicious, and pleasantly filling and energizing. (Plus super easy to make and only 25 minutes!)
Not to mention it’s a versatile meal. Have fun playing around with different variations! Add some beans for an extra protein punch. Change up the veggies depending on what’s in season, and add some fresh cucumber for crunch! For the dressing, you can certainly use fresh lemon or lime juice instead of red wine vinegar for a citrus burst.
This dish makes a rock star take-along lunch that you can make ahead of time. It would also work beautifully for picnics, potlucks, summer get-togethers, etc. Hope you enjoy it as well!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this. I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- 1 cup quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach (more as desired)
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Slice the green onions, halve the cherry tomatoes, and dice the avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add it to the large bowl with spinach and toss. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the green onions, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend more.