This nutrient-packed Quinoa Avocado Salad only takes 25 minutes and it’s full of healthy, energizing, plant-based goodness. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Fluffy quinoa, spinach, and sweet cherry tomatoes join forces with creamy avocado in this fresh & tasty dish. We love this combo! It’s nutrient-packed, delicious, and pleasantly filling and energizing. (Plus easy to make and it only takes 25 minutes!)
Customize Your Quinoa Avocado Salad
This is a beautifully versatile dish, so have fun playing around with different variations and flavors. Add beans or seeds for additional protein. Or change up the veggies depending on what’s in season, or add cucumber for a little crunch. For the dressing, you can certainly use fresh lemon/lime juice instead of red wine vinegar. And fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro) are lovely as well!
This dish makes an awesome take-along lunch that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge. It also works great for picnics, potlucks, parties, etc. Hope you enjoy as well!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 avocados
- 3 oz. baby spinach (more if desired)
- 8 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions (or finely diced red onion)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (I use 2)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Cucumber, fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, etc.), lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. dried oregano/basil
- Rinse and cook quinoa*.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the spinach. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic, and add to spinach.
- Halve/quarter cherry tomatoes, slice green onions, and dice avocado.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately add it to the large bowl with spinach & garlic. Toss well to combine. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach and mellow the garlic.)
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, red wine vinegar, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the avocado and lightly toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors blend/intensify.