The easiest Black Bean Tacos topped with a flavorful creamy avocado cilantro-lime sauce! Super satisfying and they make a quick & healthy vegan weeknight meal.
These are adapted from my Black Bean Lentil Tacos that we love so much. But made even faster since there are no lentils to cook! It's a perfect weeknight meal.
And since I'm always trying to find an excuse to make my creamy cilantro-lime dressing, I did a variation of it to drizzle on top. Pure taco deliciousness.
I love super fast, easy meals packed with flavor. The black bean mixture is made in 5 minutes with just black beans, salsa, and cumin. Simple, yet bursting with flavor.
You can even sauté diced onion and minced garlic before adding the black beans for more flavor. Or if you like a smoky kick, chipotle is great.
Tip: we've also made this meal even faster omitting the cilantro-lime sauce, and using tomatoes and guacamole as toppings. Dinner ready in under 10 minutes? Can't beat that!
Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- 30 oz. canned black beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cup salsa (I use homemade blender salsa)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 8 small corn tortillas
Toppings of choice:
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, corn, avocado, cilantro, vegan cheese, etc.
For the creamy avocado sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro (large stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
- In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: slightly mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
- While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, spoon a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying these Black Bean Tacos? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make these! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)