I love super fast, easy meals packed with flavor, and these definitely fit the bill. The black bean mixture is made in 5 minutes with just black beans, salsa, and cumin. Simple, yet bursting with flavor. If you have a few extra minutes, you can even saute some diced onion and minced garlic in the pan before adding the black beans. Or if you like a smoky kick, chipotle is great!
Tip: we’ve also made these tacos even faster without the cilantro-lime sauce, using tomatoes and avocado as the toppings. Dinner ready in under 10 minutes? Whoop! Can’t beat that!
Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Corn tortillas
Toppings of choice
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, roasted red peppers, corn, avocado, cilantro, dairy-free cheese, etc.
For the creamy avocado sauce
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro (stems removed)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
- In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, and cumin. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
- While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, drizzle a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.