The EASIEST Black Bean Tacos topped with a flavorful creamy avocado cilantro-lime sauce! Super quick & healthy vegan weeknight meal.
These are adapted from my Black Bean Lentil Tacos that we love so much. But made even faster since there are no lentils to cook! It’s a perfect weeknight meal. And since I’m always trying to find an excuse to make my creamy cilantro-lime dressing, I did a variation of it to drizzle on top. Pure taco deliciousness!
I love super fast, easy meals packed with flavor, and these definitely fit the bill. The black bean mixture is made in 5 minutes with just black beans, salsa, and cumin. Simple, yet bursting with flavor. If you have a few extra minutes, you can even saute some diced onion and minced garlic in the pan before adding the black beans. Or if you like a smoky kick, chipotle is great. Hope you enjoy them as well!
Tip: we’ve also made these even faster without the cilantro-lime sauce, using tomatoes and guacamole as the toppings. Dinner ready in under 10 minutes? Whoop! Can’t beat that!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make these! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Two 15 oz. cans black beans
- 1 cup salsa (I use homemade blender salsa)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 8 small corn tortillas
Toppings of choice:
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, corn, avocado, cilantro, vegan cheese, etc.
For the creamy avocado sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro (large stems removed)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
- In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: slightly mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
- While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, spoon a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Black Bean Tacos? Feel free to also check out the full “Mexican-Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more plant-based fiesta deliciousness! (Or another one of our favorites: Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers)