Delicious and satisfying BBQ tempeh wraps with spinach! An easy vegan weeknight meal that’s super quick to assemble.
This meal was an accidental creation one night when I wasn’t in the mood to cook. Looking for something quick and filling, I decided to marinate tempeh in BBQ sauce and go from there. It eventually turned into a wrap, and we ended up really enjoying it. (I find the leftovers are great too, and enjoy adding black beans and pico de gallo as well.) Tempeh is such a protein powerhouse, and pretty inexpensive so it makes a great choice for easy weeknight meals.
Hope you enjoy this simple, tasty weeknight meal as well! If you’re looking for more tempeh inspiration, here are a few more of our favorites:
Vegan TLT Sandwich (Tempeh Lettuce Tomato)
BBQ Tempeh Sloppy Joes
Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry with Tempeh
Tempeh Mushroom Pasta
Black Bean Tempeh Tacos
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
BBQ Tempeh Wraps with Spinach
- 8 oz. tempeh (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Baby spinach (or romaine, etc.)
- Roma tomato
- Nutritional yeast for sprinkling
- Wraps/tortillas of choice (gluten-free if desired)
- Crumble tempeh and place in a bowl with BBQ sauce. Stir well, and set aside to marinate.
- Dice onion and pepper. Mince garlic.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper for about 6-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to med-low and add the BBQ tempeh mixture. Stir well and cook 5 minutes until heated through.
- Assemble wraps: place BBQ tempeh mixture down the center of tortilla. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top, then add spinach, sliced tomato, or any other toppings. Roll up with one end tucked in.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying this BBQ tempeh wrap, feel free to also check out the full “30 Minutes or Less” recipe archives for more inspiration!