I’ve always been a huge fan of the cumin-lime-garlic combination and it’s the perfect way to make this salad shine. Can’t go wrong with southwestern flavors! This is definitely a great choice for packed lunches and BBQ’s/picnics as well.
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)