Easy, satisfying fiesta bean salad with cumin-lime dressing! Fresh, healthy, and made with two delicious varieties of beans. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
Summer’s not over yet, so that means I’m still happily swimming in salads. Like this satisfying Fiesta Bean Salad! It’s so hearty with a nice protein boost from all the beans.
Garbanzos and black beans are my two favorites, so I love them joining forces in the same dish. They’re full of fiber and protein that keeps me feeling pleasantly satisfied. Plus, creamy avocado and fresh garden tomatoes are always welcome additions.
Ingredients for Fiesta Bean Salad
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Garbanzo beans
- Black beans
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Ground cumin
Plus, this easy dish makes a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches and BBQ’s, picnics, and potlucks as well.
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re craving more Mexican-inspired deliciousness, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)