Easy, satisfying fiesta bean salad with cumin-lime dressing! Fresh, healthy, and made with two delicious varieties of beans! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
Summer’s not over yet, so that means I’m still happily swimming in salads. Like this satisfying Fiesta Bean Salad! It’s so hearty with a nice protein boost from all the beans. Garbanzos and black beans are my two favorites, so I love them joining forces in the same dish. They’re full of fiber and protein that keeps me feeling pleasantly satisfied. Plus, the creamy avocado and fresh garden tomatoes are always a welcome addition!
I modified this recipe from Skinnytaste’s “Fiesta Bean Salad” as I’ve always been a huge fan of the cumin, garlic, lime combination. It’s the perfect way to make this salad shine with those beautiful southwestern flavors. Plus, this easy dish makes a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches and BBQ’s, picnics, and potlucks as well. Hope you enjoy if you give it a try as well!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Craving more Mexican-inspired deliciousness? Feel free to check out the full “Mexican-Inspired Archives” on the site!