Easy, satisfying fiesta bean salad with cumin-lime dressing! Fresh, healthy, and made with two delicious varieties of beans! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
Summer’s not over yet, so that means I’m still happily swimming in salads. Like this satisfying Fiesta Bean Salad! It’s so hearty with a nice protein boost from all the beans. Garbanzos and black beans are my two favorites, so I love them joining forces in the same dish. They’re full of fiber and protein that keeps me feeling pleasantly satisfied. Plus, the creamy avocado and fresh garden tomatoes are always a welcome addition!
I modified this recipe from Skinnytaste’s “Fiesta Bean Salad” as I’ve always been a huge fan of the cumin, garlic, lime combination. It’s the perfect way to make this salad shine with those beautiful southwestern flavors. Plus, this easy dish makes a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches and BBQ’s, picnics, and potlucks as well. Hope you enjoy if you give it a try as well!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)