Tangy & delicious Lentil Salad with spinach and tomatoes tossed in an easy balsamic-Dijon dressing! Fresh, healthy, nutrient-packed, and great for take-along lunches & meal prep. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This recipe is one of our favorite lentil dishes. It looks modest, but the flavors are delightful. Plus the capers add a nice, salty, briny pop.
We like to keep a batch throughout the week for quick snacks or meals. It's a great choice for take-along lunches and meal prep because it stores so well in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Lentil Balsamic Salad
For this recipe you'll need:
- Green/brown lentils
- Roma tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach
- Chives (or shallot or green onion)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
I'm a big fan of lentils because they're inexpensive, easy to cook, and pack a big nutrient & protein punch. Hope you enjoy this one as well!
Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- 1 cup green/brown lentils (uncooked*)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry tomatoes)
- 2 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chives (or shallot or green onion)
- 2 Tbsp. capers
For the balsamic-dijon dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook lentils: add 4 cups water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Then add lentils (rinsed and drained) and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until firm-tender (not mushy).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Roughly chop spinach and chives. Dice tomatoes. Place in a large bowl.
- When lentils are done cooking, drain, and immediately add to the large bowl. (The heat from the lentils will slightly wilt the spinach.)
- Add the dressing and capers. Stir to combine. Adjust flavors if desired or salt/pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Lentil Balsamic Salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)