This healthier Vegan Chocolate Milkshake is made with just 4 simple ingredients and only takes 2 minutes to make! Deliciously creamy and smooth, it's sure to satisfy even your biggest chocolate cravings. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Creamy, smooth, and luxurious! This easy vegan chocolate milkshake satisfies our biggest chocolate cravings. It tastes like an indulgent treat, but has just four simple, healthy ingredients.
Plus it comes together in just 2 minutes. What makes it a "healthier" milkshake is using whole food banana instead of processed, sugary ice cream.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
For this milkshake you'll need:
- Your favorite plant-based milk. Most often I use homemade almond or cashew.
- Banana. Frozen banana works best to achieve a thicker, creamier consistency. But you can use fresh if you don't have frozen on hand.
- Cacao powder. I use Navita's organic. Or simply substitute cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup. Or your favorite sweetener such as dates, agave, etc.
Also, a sweet lady named Catarine left a comment that she swaps out the cacao powder for a vegan chocolate protein powder for her 4 year old daughter's breakfast and I love that idea!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if possible*)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or dates to sweeten)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan chocolate milkshake, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)