These savory Asian Garlic Green Beans are super simple to make and packed with flavor! They’re the perfect, tasty side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. (Vegan, gluten-free)
I’ve always loved green beans so I’m continually looking for new ways to make them shine. This recipe is pretty simple, but we loved it too much not to share. Just a few easy ingredients come together to make a tasty side dish for your favorite Asian-inspired meals. (Or if you’re looking for some inspiration of what to pair this with, check out the full “Asian Inspired” vegan recipe archives on the site for ideas!)
This recipe comes together with just five simple ingredients. And don’t forget to scoop up the remaining bits of garlic and shallot at the bottom of the pan when serving. They’re tiny, but pack a a big punch of flavor! Hope you enjoy these as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram if you make or adapt these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Asian Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, cashews, or slivered almonds for topping
- Trim ends off green beans. Mince garlic, and chop shallot.
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Let heat for a couple minutes until hot.
- Carefully add shallot and garlic. Heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add green beans and stir well to coat.
- Saute until just tender, about 5-6 minutes, stirring often so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add tamari. Toss to combine and cook 1-2 minutes.
- When serving, don’t forget the garlic/shallot pieces on the bottom of the pan – huge flavor!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Asian Green Beans with garlic? Feel free to also check out the full “Asian Inspired” vegan recipe archives on the site for more easy and tasty plant based inspiration.