These savory Asian-style Garlic Green Beans are super simple to make and packed with flavor! They’re the perfect, tasty side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. (Vegan, gluten-free)
I’ve always loved green beans so I’m continually looking for new ways to make them shine. This recipe is pretty simple, but we loved it too much not to share. Just a few easy ingredients come together to make a tasty side dish for your favorite Asian-inspired meals.
Ingredients for Asian-Style Green Beans
This recipe comes together with just five simple ingredients:
- Fresh green beans
- Toasted sesame oil
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
Don’t forget to scoop up the remaining bits of garlic and shallot at the bottom of the pan when serving. They’re tiny, but pack a a big punch of flavor!
Asian-Style Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, cashews, or slivered almonds for topping
- Trim ends off green beans. Mince garlic, and chop shallot.
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Let heat for a couple minutes until hot.
- Carefully add shallot and garlic. Heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add green beans and stir well to coat.
- Saute until just tender, about 5-6 minutes, stirring often so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add tamari. Toss to combine and cook 1-2 minutes.
- When serving, don’t forget the garlic/shallot pieces on the bottom of the pan – big flavor!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying these Asian Green Beans with garlic? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)