These savory Asian Garlic Green Beans are super simple to make and packed with flavor! They’re the perfect, tasty side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. (Vegan, gluten-free)
I’ve always loved green beans so I’m continually looking for new ways to make them shine. This recipe is pretty simple, but we loved it too much not to share. Just a few easy ingredients come together to make a tasty side dish for your favorite Asian-inspired meals. Don’t forget to scoop up the remaining bits of garlic and shallot at the bottom of the pan when serving – they’re tiny, but pack a huge explosion of flavor! Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Asian Garlic Green Beans
Savory Asian Garlic Green Beans are super simple and packed with flavor! A lovely side dish for your Asian-inspired meals.
Servings:4 side servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, cashews, or slivered almonds for topping
- Trim ends off green beans. Mince garlic, and chop shallot.
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Let heat for a couple minutes until hot.
- Carefully add shallot and garlic. Heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add green beans and stir well to coat.
- Saute until just tender, about 5-6 minutes, stirring often so garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add tamari. Toss to combine and cook 1-2 minutes.
- When serving, don’t forget the garlic/shallot pieces on the bottom of the pan – huge flavor!
For gluten-free, use tamari.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15.7% | Vitamin C: 18.2% | Calcium: 4.6% | Iron: 7.9%