Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan! This plant-based version doesn’t skip a beat with flavorful cashew parmesan that brings it all together.
Have you tried cashew parmesan? I’m convinced it’s magic dust. Amazing, nutrient-packed, flavorful magic dust. Sprinkle it on pizza, veggies, pasta, salads, sandwiches, wraps – so many versatile ways to enjoy it! And it’s definitely taken our homemade vegan pizzas to a whole other level. It’s lovely sprinkled on top instead of the “cheese”.
I’ve always loved Hawaiian-style pizza with sweet pineapple, onion, cilantro, and BBQ sauce. This vegan version doesn’t skip a beat with the homemade cashew parmesan that brings it all together. (Plus I love adding black beans for heartiness.) Use as much or as little of the toppings to suit your own taste. Hope you enjoy too!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
For the cashew parmesan*
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 (or whatever temp your crust is happiest).
- Make the cashew parmesan: place all ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Slice onion and chop pineapple.
- Evenly spread the BBQ sauce on each crust (using about 1/2 cup per crust, more or less to taste).
- Sprinkle a layer of cashew parmesan, then black beans, onion, and pineapple.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until your crust is baked through.
- While pizza is baking, roughly chop cilantro.
- When pizza is done, top with cilantro. (I do another light sprinkle of cashew parmesan for good measure.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Hawiian BBQ Pizza? Feel free to also check out the full “30 Minutes or Less” vegan recipe archives on the site for more quick and easy inspiration!