Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan! This plant-based version doesn’t skip a beat with flavorful cashew parmesan that brings it all together.
Have you tried cashew parmesan? I’m convinced it’s magic dust. Amazing, nutrient-packed, flavorful magic dust. Sprinkle it on pizza, veggies, pasta, salads, sandwiches, wraps – so many versatile ways to enjoy it! And it’s definitely taken our homemade vegan pizzas to a whole other level.
I’ve always loved Hawaiian-style pizza with sweet pineapple, onion, cilantro, and BBQ sauce. This vegan version doesn’t skip a beat with the homemade cashew parmesan that brings it all together. (Plus I love adding black beans for heartiness.) Use as much or as little of the toppings to suit your own taste. Hope you enjoy too!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large pizza crust/dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the cashew parmesan*
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) or whatever temperature your pizza crust is happiest.
- Make the cashew parmesan: place all ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Slice onion and chop pineapple.
- Place pizza dough/crust on an oven-safe sheet or pizza pan. Evenly spread the BBQ sauce on top of dough/crust.
- Sprinkle a layer of cashew parmesan, then black beans (rinsed and drained), onion, and pineapple.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- While pizza is baking, roughly chop cilantro.
- When pizza is done, top with cilantro. (I do another light sprinkle of cashew parmesan for good measure.)