I’ve always loved Hawaiian-style pizza with sweet pineapple, onion, cilantro, and BBQ sauce. This vegan version doesn’t skip a beat with the homemade cashew parmesan that brings it all together. (Plus I love adding black beans for heartiness.) Use as much or as little of the toppings to suit your own taste. Hope you enjoy too!
Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
For the cashew parmesan*
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 (or whatever temp your crust is happiest).
- Make the cashew parmesan: place all ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Slice onion and chop pineapple.
- Evenly spread the BBQ sauce on each crust (using about 1/2 cup per crust, more or less to taste).
- Sprinkle a layer of cashew parmesan, then black beans, onion, and pineapple.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until your crust is baked through.
- While pizza is baking, roughly chop cilantro.
- When pizza is done, top with cilantro. (I do another light sprinkle of cashew parmesan for good measure.)