Colorful, nutrient-packed Ultimate Vegetable Soup! The variations are endless with this simple, healthy meal. Try it with your own favorite veggies, or add quinoa, beans, herbs, etc.! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
A couple weeks ago when my parents were visiting, I felt under the weather for a couple days. My stomach wasn’t quite right and there was only one thing that sounded good: vegetable soup.
Warm, delicious, nutrient-packed veggie soup. It definitely helped cure whatever was ailing me. I gobbled it up so fast that I needed to make an encore batch a few days later.
Making Vegetable Soup
I call it “ultimate” vegetable soup because any and all are welcome – the more the merrier! Change it up with your own favorites or whatever you have on hand. (I often take the help of a few frozen veggies as well.)
Don’t feel like you have to measure everything exactly. I prefer the “chop and toss” approach when making soup. Adaptions are endless! We often add quinoa, pasta, rice, herbs, beans, or barley, etc. I’d love to hear what you come up with.
Ultimate Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage (I love purple for color)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans (can use frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (can use frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (can use frozen)
- Large handful spinach (or more)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (and/or fresh)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Optional: quinoa, rice, herbs, beans, pasta, etc.
- Prep veggies: dice onion, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms. Mince garlic. Roughly chop cabbage, and cut broccoli and cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute onion for 5-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. broth/water for no-oil saute method.)
- Add garlic (and any dried herbs if using) and saute 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes with juice, and all veggies (except spinach).
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until veggies are desired tenderness.
- Stir in spinach, and salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this soup, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)