Quick & easy (5 MINUTE!) blender black bean dip with creamy avocado and flavorful spices. Great for parties, holidays, snacking, picnics, etc.
Happy weekend friends! I’m extra giddy to watch football this weekend because my Larry Fitzgerald jersey just arrived in the mail – woo! Fitz and Tony Gonzalez are tied for my favorite NFL players of all time, so it was about time I got one of their jerseys to show my love. In the wake of my giddiness, I got inspired to make a new snack to munch on during the games. I decided on a healthy, flavorful black bean dip.
Bonus? It only takes 5 minutes to throw it together! Blending avocado with the black beans makes it so creamy and luscious – perfect for scooping up with your favorite chips. What I love even more is there are so many possible flavor variations. Chipotle for a smoky kick, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, cayenne to heat it up, or cilantro and lime for a different flavor profile. Game on!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
Other additions (optional):
- Nutritional yeast, chipotle, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, cayenne, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches desired texture*. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans.
- Garnish with cilantro, nutritional yeast, etc. if you wish. Great served warm, cold, or room temp!