Quick & easy (5 minute!) blender black bean dip with creamy avocado and flavorful spices. Great for parties, holidays, snacking, picnics, etc.
This healthy, satisfying, protein-packed bean dip only takes 5 minutes to throw together. Blending avocado with black beans makes it so creamy and luscious – perfect for scooping up with your favorite chips.
Plus I love how versatile it can be. There are so many possible flavor variations so have fun mixing it up with the spices and additions you enjoy. Try chipotle for a smoky kick, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, cayenne to heat it up, or fresh cilantro and lime for a different flavor profile.
The recipe uses 1/2 cup salsa to add even more flavor, so either use your favorite salsa, or try this easy Restaurant Style Blender Salsa!
Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
Other additions (optional):
- Nutritional yeast, chipotle, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, cayenne, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches desired texture*. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans.
- Garnish with cilantro, nutritional yeast, etc. if you wish. Great served warm, cold, or room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)