Happy weekend friends! I’m extra giddy to watch football this weekend because my Larry Fitzgerald jersey just arrived in the mail – woo! Fitz and Tony Gonzalez are tied for my favorite NFL players of all time, so it was about time I got one of their jerseys to show my love. In the wake of my giddiness, I got inspired to make a new snack to munch on during the games. I decided on a healthy, flavorful black bean dip. Bonus? It only takes 5 minutes to throw it together! Blending avocado with the black beans makes it so creamy and luscious – perfect for scooping up with your favorite chips. What I love even more is there are so many possible flavor variations. Chipotle for a smoky kick, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, cayenne to heat it up, or cilantro and lime for a different flavor profile. Game on!
Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
Quick & easy (5 MINUTE!) blender black bean dip with creamy avocado and flavorful spices.
Servings:5 side servings
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
Other additions (optional):
- Nutritional yeast, chipotle, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, cayenne, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches desired texture*. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans.
- Garnish with cilantro, nutritional yeast, etc. if you wish. Great served warm, cold, or room temp!
*If your blender isn't great (ahem, ours) you may need to help it along, stirring with a spatula to get it going. You can also add a touch more water if needed.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 544mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2.4mg