Fresh and hearty Black Bean Salsa dip! Perfect for parties, picnics, and snack spreads. Plus you can spice it up however you wish! (Vegan, gluten-free)
This is an awesome make-ahead salsa, as it tastes even better after it marinates for a few hours. It’s a great addition to party or snack spreads – fresh, but hearty! Go ahead and spice it up with some cayenne or smoky chipotle powder if you wish, or top it off with some diced avocado right before serving! (I love it served next to some classic pico de gallo or restaurant-style salsa for maximum dipping and snacking pleasure.) 🙂
If you’re looking for more tasty sides & dip options here are a few of our other favorites:
Savory Vegan Chex Mix
Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
Black-Eyed Pea Salad
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Black Bean Salsa
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- Optional: red bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, etc.
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Make the dressing: place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dice tomato and slice green onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, green onion, and black beans (rinsed and drained).
- Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Stir before serving as juices settle. Also great topped with avocado!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Black Bean Salsa? Also feel free to check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inpsiration!