Easy Black Bean & Corn Salsa with garlic-lime dressing! Enjoy as a chip dip or delicious salad all on it's own. Perfect for parties, picnics, and snack spreads!
This Black Bean & Corn Salsa is a burst of beautiful rainbow color and bright fiesta-style flavors. Plus it's super versatile; enjoy it as a chip dip, all alone as a salad (very delicious!), or scoop it on tacos, burrito bowls, fajitas, or other Mexican-inspired meals, etc.
You could even add it to breakfast dishes like tofu scrambles or breakfast burritos for some bright, fun flavor. Plus it's a wonderful make-ahead choice for parties, game day, or snack spreads as it tastes even better after it chills for a bit.
Please feel free to use the recipe as a general guideline, adding more or less of the ingredients you love. Plus you can spice it up with some jalapeno or cayenne pepper if you wish.
It's also lovely topped with some freshly diced avocado right before serving.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (or grilled/roasted)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 5 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional: jalapeno, avocado
For the Garlic-Lime Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Make the dressing: place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Finely dice bell pepper and tomatoes. (I try to dice them about the size of the corn kernels.) Very finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add black beans (rinsed and drained), corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Adjust flavors/seasonings if desired. (Though flavors will slightly enhance after refrigerating.)
- Can serve immediately, but tastes best after it chills for at least an hour.
- Be sure to stir before serving as dressing tends to settle at the bottom. (This is also great topped with avocado right before serving!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Black Bean Corn Salsa, also feel free to check out:
- Fiesta Guacamole
- Healthy Texas Caviar
- Savory Vegan Chex Mix
- Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)