This is an awesome make-ahead salsa, as it tastes even better after it marinates for a few hours. It’s a great addition to party or snack spreads – fresh, but hearty! Go ahead and spice it up with some cayenne or smoky chipotle powder if you wish, or top it off with some diced avocado right before serving!
Black Bean Salsa
Fresh and hearty bean dip! Perfect for parties and snack spreads.
Servings:5 1/2 cup servings
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- Optional: red bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, etc.
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Make the dressing: place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dice tomato and slice green onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, green onion, and black beans (rinsed and drained).
- Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Stir before serving as juices settle. Also great topped with avocado!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 865IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg