Quick and easy super-seed granola loaded with chia, flax, hemp, and sunflower seeds! A healthy breakfast filled with fiber and protein.
Granola is the perfect, healthy, “fast food” for breakfast, lunch, or an energy-packed snack. And I love that it’s so easy to make! There are countless combinations you can try depending on your own favorite additions. So have fun customizing this recipe and changing it up a little every time you try it. (We also love this oil-free Easy Peanut Butter Granola as well.)
For this version, I wanted to do a “super seed granola” combo with hemp, flax, sunflower, and chia – packed with protein, omega-3’s, fiber, and nutrients to help keep us powered throughout the day. It’s a family favorite and awesome time-saver when we need a quick meal. Hope you enjoy too!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Super Seed Granola
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil, etc.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter (or more oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add maple syrup, oil, and butter. Heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add oats, walnuts, hemp, chia, sunflower, and flax. (Note: dried fruit is added after baking!)
- Add liquid from pan to the oat mixture and toss until thoroughly combined. Salt to taste if desired.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, place parchment paper. Spread granola evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes, until granola is golden brown.
- After granola cools, add dried cherries.
- Stores in a sealed container at room temp for about a month.