I use my set of mini shape cutters that are perfect for these. Of course feel free to change the herbs/seasonings as you wish. If you’re wondering what do to with the leftover potato “scraps”, tossing them in soup (like this Ultimate Veggie Soup) is always a great choice!
Roasted Potato Hearts
- 6 medium potatoes (I used 3 purple, 3 red)
- 1 tsp. dried basil (or other seasonings of choice*)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse potatoes and slice lengthwise into about 1/2" pieces.
- Use cutters to punch out heart shapes. (I use these mini cutters.)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place potato hearts and toss with a small amount of olive oil. (Or omit for oil-free.)
- Spread in an even layer, and sprinkle with salt and basil (or other seasonings of choice*).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.