A satisfying Asian-inspired Noodle Soup loaded with flavorful veggies. Minimal effort, but super tasty flavor and perfect for busy nights! (Vegan, gluten-free option)
This soup. It’s my happy soup. Growing up, my mom made a similar one and it always stuck with me so I’ve done many recreations over the years.
It’s my perfect meal on nights I’m craving a warm, satisfying home-cooked meal but am low on energy and motivation. Minimal effort and maximum enjoyment!
I’ve made countless variations based on whatever ingredients I have on hand. (Photo below shown with broccoli and sugar snap peas.) The recipe measurements are just a guideline so change it up to suit your own taste!
I often add Easy Baked Tofu for a protein boost, or some Asian Style Garlic Tofu on the side. Hope you enjoy this cozy bowl of noodle soup too!
Asian-Inspired Noodle Soup
- 6 oz. soba/udon noodles (or rice noodle, spaghetti, etc.)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or more)
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Tamari/soy sauce to taste
- Optional toppings: mung bean sprouts, sesame seeds, cilantro
- Slice mushrooms and green onion.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. (Toss with sesame oil to prevent sticking if desired.)
- In a large pan over med heat, add 2 tsp. sesame oil. Once hot, carefully add mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and green onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Assemble soup in bowls: add noodles, broth*, veggies, and tamari/soy sauce to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Asian-style Noodle Soup, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)