A satisfying Asian Noodle Soup loaded with flavorful veggies. Minimal effort but maximum enjoyment! Perfect for busy nights! (Vegan, gluten-free option)
THIS SOUP. It’s my happy soup. Growing up, my mom made a similar one and it always stuck with me so I’ve done many recreations over the years. It’s my perfect meal on nights I’m craving a warm, satisfying home-cooked meal but am low on energy and motivation. Minimal effort and maximum enjoyment!
I’ve made countless variations based on whatever ingredients I have on hand. (Photo below shown with broccoli and sugar snap peas.) The recipe measurements are just a guideline. Change it up to suit your own taste! I often add Savory Baked Tofu for a protein boost, or some Asian Garlic Tofu on the side. Hope you enjoy too!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/recipe rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated!)
Asian Noodle Soup
- 6 oz. soba/udon noodles (or rice noodle, spaghetti, etc.)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or more)
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Tamari/soy sauce to taste
- Optional toppings: mung bean sprouts, sesame seeds, cilantro
- Slice mushrooms and green onion.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. (Toss with sesame oil to prevent sticking if desired.)
- In a large pan over med heat, add 2 tsp. sesame oil. Once hot, carefully add mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and green onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Assemble soup in bowls: add noodles, broth*, veggies, and tamari/soy sauce to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Asian Noodle Soup? Also feel free to check out the full “Asian-Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more healthy, tasty plant based inspiration.