Our favorite breakfast potatoes! Super easy Oven Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes with flavor-packed bits of onion and bell pepper.
These beauties are my favorite oven-roasted breakfast potatoes! For me, the trick is cutting the onion and bell pepper smaller than the potatoes. I find that turns them into tender little flavor bombs as they roast. (Yum!)
It’s an awesome dish for big breakfasts and brunches because you can toss it in the oven to roast basically hassle-free. (Which also leaves the stove top clear for everything else.)
If you’re making this recipe around the winter holidays, try a colorful combo of red and green bell peppers to make it even more fun and festive!
Plus we find they’re delicious served alongside a nice warm Tofu Scramble. One of my favorite breakfast combinations and super satisfying and hearty!
Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes (I like red or gold)
- 1 onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (*optional)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (or other herbs/seasonings)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Rinse potatoes, then dry with a towel. (This helps for crispier potatoes.)
- Dice potatoes into about 3/4″ cubes. Dice onion and bell pepper into smaller pieces, about 1/2″.
- Place them all on large rimmed baking pan and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil (*optional).
- Add salt and smoked paprika or other desired herbs. (Most commonly I also use garlic powder and basil.) Toss to thoroughly combine.
- Roast for about 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are desired tenderness, stirring halfway through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying these roasted breakfast potatoes? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)