Our favorite breakfast potatoes! Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes with flavor-packed bits of onion and bell pepper. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
I try to refrain from calling things “the best” since it really all depends on individual taste, but these are my personal favorite breakfast potatoes! A trick is cutting the onion and bell pepper smaller than the potatoes which turns them into tender little flavor bombs as they roast. (Yum!) It’s also an awesome dish for big breakfasts and brunches because you can toss it in the oven basically hassle-free (also leaving the stove top clear for everything else). If you’re making it around the holidays, try a colorful combo of red and green bell peppers to make it even more fun and festive!
PS – they’re delicious served with Tofu Scramble. One of my favorite breakfasts!
Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes
Our favorite breakfast potatoes! Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes with flavor-packed bits of onion and bell pepper.
Servings:6 side servings
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes (I like red or gold)
- 1 onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling (optional*)
- Salt to taste
- Herbs of choice: garlic powder, basil, oregano, smoked paprika, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse potatoes, then dry with a towel. (This helps for crispier potatoes.)
- Dice potatoes into about 3/4″ cubes. Dice onion and bell pepper into smaller pieces, about 1/2″.
- Place them all on large rimmed baking pan and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil (*optional).
- Add salt and desired herbs. (Most commonly I use garlic powder, smoked paprika, and basil.) Toss to thoroughly combine.
- Roast for about 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are desired tenderness, stirring halfway through.
*I’ve transitioned to oil-free roasting now. Simply omit the oil, and place parchment paper down on the pan for non-stick, beautifully roasted veggies!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Potassium: 842mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1.5% | Vitamin C: 47.1% | Calcium: 6.3% | Iron: 34.6%