Easy homemade Vegan Chex Mix! Made with delicious, savory flavors of onion, garlic, and smoked paprika for a crave-worthy snack – especially around the holidays!
Vegan Chex Mix is the perfect snack to munch on during games, holiday parties, road trips… basically anytime, anywhere 😉 This flavorful blend is gluten-free (with GF pretzels and tamari), and comes together with only about 5 minutes of easy prep. Each tasty, salty morsel hits your tongue with bold flavors of onion, garlic, and smoked paprika… savory, crunchy deliciousness!
How to Make Vegan Chex Mix
Important note: it was kindly brought to my attention that General Mill’s Chex cereals in the U.S. contain D3 which is typically derived from lanolin (sheep’s wool). Therefore it’s not 100% vegan. So if you’re in the U.S. be sure to look for an alternative, vegan-friendly chex-like cereal for this recipe!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Savory Vegan Chex Mix
- 3 cups corn chex cereal
- 3 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cup pretzels (GF if desired)
- 1 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter (I like Miyoko's brand)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250.
- In a very large mixing bowl, add chex, pretzels, and nuts.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. When melted, add tamari, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir. (Feel free to test the salt level by dipping one of the chex.)
- Immediately after stirring the butter mixture, pour it over the chex mix.
- Gently stir for 1-2 minutes to thoroughly combine.
- Place on a baking pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or more if desired), stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Chex Mix? Feel free to also browse the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives more more plant based deliciousness.