Fresh and healthy Mexican Quinoa Salad with cumin lime dressing! Nutrient packed and great for take-along lunches. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
I’m always down to party with fresh, fiesta flavors, and this healthy Mexican Quinoa Salad is no exception. This was actually one of the early recipes I posted on the site, but the photos left a bit to be desired so here it is again in updated form! I always love the variety of fiesta flavors and abundant color in this dish. (Plus quinoa is such an awesome, nutrient-packed ingredient!)
This dish is an awesome make-ahead meal for lunches, picnics, get-togethers, or my favorite: simply having in the fridge to pull out for quick snacks throughout the day. I love how the flavors get even better as it chills. Serve it topped with some creamy avocado for the perfect finishing touch!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Mexican Quinoa Salad with Cumin-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Optional: avocado for serving
For the cumin-lime dressing
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Juice from 1 lime (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: olive oil, lime zest
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (Feel free to use broth instead of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, quarter the cherry tomatoes, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill first for flavors to blend.