It’s an awesome make-ahead meal for lunches, picnics, get-togethers, or my favorite: simply having in the fridge to pull out for quick snacks throughout the day. I love how the flavors get even better as it chills. Serve it topped with some creamy avocado for the perfect finishing touch!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love to see what you guys are cooking up.
Mexican Quinoa Salad with Cumin-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Optional: avocado for serving
For the cumin-lime dressing
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Juice from 1 lime (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: olive oil, lime zest
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (Feel free to use broth instead of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, quarter the cherry tomatoes, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill first for flavors to blend.